• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

webhostingmasters

Status
Not open for further replies.

nice_dude

ok, i use lots of hosts and most i like but webhostingmasters.com is really ticking me off, i joined 20/4/06 and got they reseller which cost $34.99 but i found a code to reduce it, anywhere, i uploaded a script which was the main part of my project, for some reason it did work so after a day of trying to fix it i decided to close my account.

i submitted the ticket on 21/4/06 and got a reply instantly, then when i replied they never got back to for for about three days, i just check the client center to see if i got a reply and the ticket it now deleted, it been 8 days and no refund i know your on this forum so please refund me or ill have to post this everywhere.

the domain i used is now on my over (much better) host account

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is the first review i've seen for Webhostingmasters. It's a shame as well, as needlehost has been pimping them allot.

Maybe the reason you can't get a refund is because they don't offer one? Have you checked their ToS? What script stoped working (eg, was it zend/ioncube encoded, ect)?

EDIT: Looked at their site and they offer a 30 day refund.

Last edited:
needlehost pimps them for a good reason.
Just for the record, this is a highly competant company, with several support staff. I'm not calling you a bull----ter atall, but with 5 support staff you'd reccon you'd get a faster response than 3 days:D
Link me to the script you were using and I'll tell you why it wasn't working.
The main support guy (who is a certified linux tech) would be able to sort any issues with server compatability you may have.
It's a shame you belive this, I seriously think you may want to look before you leap, I'd be seriously surprised if your response was that slow.
I do not pimp any old crap, only companies I truly belive a reliable, stable, helpfull and above all honest.
However, someone who resorts to blackmail is someone who I'm not sure anyone wants as a client.
PM me and I will discuss this matter with you further. (refund)
Thanks.
Henry.

needlehost said:
needlehost pimps them for a good reason.
Just for the record, this is a highly competant company, with several support staff. I'm not calling you a bull----ter atall, but with 5 support staff you'd reccon you'd get a faster response than 3 days:D
Link me to the script you were using and I'll tell you why it wasn't working.
The main support guy (who is a certified linux tech) would be able to sort any issues with server compatability you may have.
It's a shame you belive this, I seriously think you may want to look before you leap, I'd be seriously surprised if your response was that slow.
I do not pimp any old crap, only companies I truly belive a reliable, stable, helpfull and above all honest.
However, someone who resorts to blackmail is someone who I'm not sure anyone wants as a client.
PM me and I will discuss this matter with you further. (refund)
Thanks.
Henry.

I know needle... I know... :p

I was not attacking you, I was just stating that this is the first review I have seen for them :)

Goe said:
ok, i use lots of hosts and most i like but webhostingmasters.com is really ticking me off, i joined 05/20/2006 ...

i submitted the ticket on 06/20/2006 and got a reply instantly, then ...8 days and no refund

Today is 04/28/2006. I just wanted to say that.

hottweelz said:
Today is 04/28/2006. I just wanted to say that.

I was just about to point that out and ask the original poster for next weeks winning numbers in the Irish Lottery. :D

Hi

Am not saying this isnt true but could you let us know which domain was used so we can verify your statement (old DNS records will let us know) :).

Goe said:
inetbb.net

Thanks. How did you pay?, if you paid via paypal then put in a complaint, if you paid via credit card issue a chargeback. Only do this if they offer a 30 day money back or they havent issued any refund as you requested.

http://webhostingmasters.com/tos.html said:
6. Liability
A. Although we, webhostingmasters.com, provide backups and a 99.9% uptime guarantee on all plans, we are not liable for any loss of material or information on your site.
B. If the downtime is below 99.9% for the whole month you may request a refund at any time without penalty. Downtime exceptions are: Scheduled maintenance, Ddos attacks, hardware failure, and any thing else out of our control.
C. If your shared or reseller plan is less than 30 days old and you would like a refund you may request it at any time during the first 30 days no questions asked.

Their TOS only has 6 Statements to it. But here is number 6.

OK sorted the issue with the customer, you guys deserve an explanation.
whm is not a bad/unreliable/unsupportive company, the origional owner (we'll call him o1) sold out to someone else (we'll call him o2) at around the date you said, three days later o2 decided it wasn't for him and sold the company back to o1.
Turns out o2 wasn't very carefull with the support and did not pass on your request for a refund to o1 when he sold the company back.
You posted your first ticket (with the fast response) with o1 and your second with o2 (non existant response)
o1 now has control of whm and so everything is back to normal, with our standard superb support (5 support staff which includes a qualified linux tech)
I'm very sorry for any trouble that has been caused and wish you best of luck with your forum hosting company.
I'll get your refund sorted (I'm not actually support/owner though)

I am sorry you do not receive your refund the exact moment you asked for it. Although, you have been refunded 24 hours ago. Did it not go through? There was some switching around with the ownership etc and now it is all settled. I am sorry about your troubles with our company.
Thanks for your interest,
Billy McFarland

-The reason for the delayed refund was that the paypal email address was being switched from two people. Again, thanks for your interest with our company and bust of luck in the future.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm sure you guys are very good at what you do.. and it all seems sorted... some advice: Rewrite that TOS.

It'll pay off later. Trust me.

hottweelz said:
Hey, I'm sure you guys are very good at what you do.. and it all seems sorted... some advice: Rewrite that TOS.

It'll pay off later. Trust me.

Good timing hottweelz, going over a new TOS with a lawyer now.
Thanks!

I ordered the small buissness reseller for myself i and i havent had any problems they allways solve my problems. i havent had any downtime and there server is geting faster and faster. but i doubht they will refuse a refund to you. they are very honest about the refund area and there support has been very fast. its a shame to see someone post this about this company when they could have contacted the support even through aim........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back