• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What are you into right now?

bigperm

Doot Do Do Do
NLC
My life seems to go through fads. One minute I am trying to learn Kanji, the next I am trying to play guitar. I have a fish tank, with some huge fish because that was a fad for me for a while... Things like that.

Right now I am:

Reading 'A Game of Thrones' by G.G. Martin. (Highly reccomended)
Playing 'Dragon Quest VIII' (Highly Reccomended)
Playing 'Dopewars' (not working out - on the way out)
Learning PHP (Not going too well -- on the way out)
Learning HVAC (going good -- one day I will fix something)

What are you into right now? (Besides work, school and relationships)

Now that school is more or less over for me, I find myself with plenty of spare time...

Console gaming, in particular portables: PSP and NDS. I bought these during the course of my studies this year and wasn't able to play them much... now I can't put either down. Killzone Liberation and Elite Beat Agents is fun :)

I've really been into my guitar, and music :D
Hey, I had forgot about Dopewars, good fun..

Learning PHP (Not going too well -- on the way out)
I am still dabbling with that and CSS. I fire it up every few days and make a little more progress in understanding, otherwise I would give it up :tired2:

I am still dabbling with that and CSS. I fire it up every few days and make a little more progress in understanding, otherwise I would give it up :tired2:

I've just learnt CSS :eek2: (Toke ages pirate2 )

Probably due to the fact that my truck is a heap of ----, I've really been looking into becoming a better amateur mechanic. The way vehicles work has always been fascinating to me, and up until the past year or so, it was all kind of a mystery to me.

I don't ever want to be a professional, but I want to be able to at least identify the problem and know how to fix it if it isn't oo severe. When I'm a little bit more financially abled, I'd like to get a house with a lot of garage space. I'd love to restore a car someday.

I used to want to really be a guitar player, and I still do, but I find myself a lot more interested in drums. I live in an apartment, so practice is tough, but I've been looking at this little Yamaha electrik kit that just fits on a snare stand. I could plug the headphones into that and practice to my hearts content.

Doing a lot of writing. I've gotten out of journalism, but I don't ever want to stop writing, so I'm really keeping on top of that.

Other than that, just wasting my time like normal :p

Learning AJAX now. Trying to get my cracked version of Arcanum up and running again, and playing Rise of Nations.

School and work take a lot of time, but I pulled out my Super Nintendo this weekend and the girlfriend and I rocked out a few levels of Super Mario World which was a blast. I forgot how fun games used to be.

- Renovating my basement appartment
- Putting together my home theater
- Looking for a new job
- Playing BF2 of xlive
- Making php/css work. Why learn when you can just make it work ;)
- using that to make websites
- Wondering what I'll eat for supper

Blank and I are in the truck club.

Heh heh, what are you currently fixing up constantly?

I've got a 1990 Dodge Ram 150. Extended cab, long box. It's a monster. It's running fine lately. It's got a 318 engine, which is probably the most reliable engine Dodge has ever made. That's still kicking, but at different times recently I had to replace or repair my brake rotors and pads, radiator, brake lines, power steering pump, distributor..and I think I'm forgetting something else. Oh, and I had to get a new battery.

That gets $$$ after a while.

We are in the Dodge Truck Club!

I have a 99 Dakota (extended cab, 4x4) that needs new spark plugs and wires... that's about it. As soon as I get some free daylight in some good weather I will do it.

Do you members of the pickup club actually carry anything in those?

I can't see any use for pickups except if you'r in the landscape/construction/renovation/moving business.

I can't see any use for pickups except if you'r in the landscape/construction/renovation/moving business.

Sure do. I do a lot of freelance landscaping, and I work at a golf course in the summers. And I'm always helping people move. I helped a friend move last night.

Also, when I take it camping, I clean it out and just stick a mattress in the back. Beats packing a tent.

I am a maintenance man, and I carry stuff around all day. I also have a toolbox on the back. Guess what I keep in there?

Edit:

Also...

I got my first truck when i was three,
drove a hundred thousand miles on my knees
Hauled marbles and rocks and thought twice before
I hauled a barbie doll bed for the girl next door.
She tried to pay me with a kiss and i began to understand,
thers somethin women like about a pick up man

When I turned sixteen I saved a few hundred bucks
my first car was a pick up truck
I was cruisin' the town and the first girl I see was
Bobby Joe Gentry; the homecoming Queen
She flagged me down and climbed up in the cab and said
"I never knew you were a pick up man"

Chorus

You could set my truck on fire and roll it down a hill,
and I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe de Ville.
I've got an 8 foot bed that never has to be made,
you know if it weren't for trucks we wouldn't have tail gates.
I met all my wives in traffic jams there's just somethin women
like about a pickup man

Most Friday nights I can be found,
in the bed of my truck on an old chaise lounge.
Backed into my spot at the drive-in show
You know a cargo-light sets off a romantic glow.
I never have to wait in line at the popcorn stand
cause there's somethin' women like about a pickup man

Chorus

and I still wouldn't trade it for a coupe de ville.
I met all my wives in traffic jams, there's just somethin' women
like about a pickup man

(Bridge)
A bucket of rust or a brand new machine,
once around the block and you'll know what I mean

Chorus

and I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe de Ville.
I met all my wives in traffic jams there's just somethin' women
like about a pickup man

Last edited:
I love it :p

Yeah I've got the toolbox too. I switch it up a lot between the toolbox and the canopy. They don't both fit on at the same time, which is unfortunate.

Back