• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what does a "Game Server" do?

Thanks for the clearification, but say I rent a server, would it previously have been used?/rented?

Possibility. If you custom ordered it then no probably not. Its not liek you can notice it. When a client is done with his server it is wiped, reformatted (reimaged).

I see so back to my zPanel question, how exactly then would I install zPanel then? Ask someone at the DC to do it?

i would not bet on a dc installing zpanel, you would be on your own with that one. it is a user supported and free product. your better off buying a control panel if you want some support with it

What do you mean by "if done right" do you mean promoted, advertised & marketed correctly?

no I mean provide the proper machine, pricing, and excellent support. I rarely lose a customer once gained so everything has to be good

# Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz
# 80GB IDE Hard Drive
# 1024MB RAM
# Bandwidth: 1000GB
# IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable)
# Private VLAN
# Cpanel/WHM/Fantastico
# 10Mbit port ($10/month more for 100mbit)
# Fully managed with 24/7 support and a 1 hour response guarantee
# Free CLIENTEXEC Billing system ($150 value)
$130/Month with $15 Setup
or Unmanaged with everything else for $120/Month with $15 Setup

Someone offered that to me, do you think that is effecient to host gameservers?

no because like I said, if you put a webserver on a game machine you might as well quit while you still have your money

and that is a layeredtech machine, the exact same I offer

and whoever is offering full management for $10/mo is silly

AvailNetworks said:
no because like I said, if you put a webserver on a game machine you might as well quit while you still have your money

and that is a layeredtech machine, the exact same I offer

and whoever is offering full management for $10/mo is silly

I mean, would those specs be efficient to host gameservers?

and how much does full management go for generally?

full management should be around $65+/mo

re read this whole thread to see if it is that efficient for gameservers. here is the simple answer

Single Processor or single core = clan machine, a few servers

Dual processor or Dual Core = production machine for games

Back