• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what does a "Game Server" do?

Teamspeak's ATHP said:
Examples where ATHP-Based Licensing applies:

* Direct Fees - If you charge a monthly rental or usage fee for a TeamSpeak server OR channel you are subject to ATHP licensing fees.
* Indirect Fees - If you are a business entity and provide a 'free trial period' or you 'sponsor' a clan or ask them to advertise for you in return for the use of a TeamSpeak server OR channel you are subject to ATHP licensing fees.
* Inclusion Fees - Game Server Providers (GSPs) that host a TeamSpeak server OR channel to someone who is paying a monthly fee to rent a game server are subject to ATHP licensing fees.
I've never used it for any of those.

Teamspeak's non-ATHP said:
Exapmles of commercial entities where Single Server Use Licensing applies:

* A company that wants to use TeamSpeak as a means of teleconferencing with co-workers to cut costs on typical long distance telephone charges.
* An ATHP that wants to use a TeamSpeak server for internal corporate communication. The TeamSpeak server MUST reside on a physical server that is NOT a part of the ATHPs normal customer base or server farm.

Have done both of those.

AvailNetworks said:
ventrilo license you will not be able to obtain

teamspeak you must buy 100 license minimum at .15c/slot

Why won't I be able to obtain a ventrilo license?

no, you can get a ventrilo reseller account from hurricanehost.com I have one there too and they are excellent. Pricing is very good and their have servers all over the world you can gain access to

AvailNetworks said:
I am not sure where you're going with that?

Showing I didn't break the law cause I didn't use it for what they consider a need for liscensing. (ATHP)

Chief, ventrilo I believe requires you to buy MANY more slots to get started + you must be a registered business in your state/country.

I wasnt saying you broke the law I am just saying that I did not think you could launch several servers on the same machine, period, without having a license. I have never been without a ts license so I am not quite sure. I do know that you cannot do it with ventrilo

Say, I get a dedi and make it a webserver, could I give them zPanel? how exactly would I do that?

So just say I bought a server from host, etc. Would I be able to keep it in their datacenter?

No, I plan on buying a dedi-server from a host. Say like your company (Just an example) you guys keep your dedi's in a datacenter right? Well, if I purchase a server would I have to pick it up, or would it have to be shipped to me (The server) or can it be kept in the datacenter?

Chief said:
No, I plan on buying a dedi-server from a host. Say like your company (Just an example) you guys keep your dedi's in a datacenter right? Well, if I purchase a server would I have to pick it up, or would it have to be shipped to me (The server) or can it be kept in the datacenter?

When you but a server, its already in the datacenter and the host just says it up. Lets use me as an example just to make it easy:

1. You tell me what you want and pay me
2. I tell the DC to install (or if its there switch on) such and such server
3. tell tech guy to set it up they way you want it
4. you get your login details in the email

You are given your login details in anywhere from 1-72 hours after a payment is received. No running up and down the road or whatever :p.

Back