• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What forum software do you like?

canardpress

I'm really confused.... I had vB on forum.bizari.com for a while, but then they told me I had an illegal version, and then they said they were wrong, basically going back and forth until I had converted 37 times just to learn that it was legal the whole time. I just don't want the trouble with vB anymore so I'm looking for a new forum software. Whats the best ones that you guys have tried?

Well, that's the kind of stuff you get from buying a used vB license. There are absolutely no problems if you buy a brand new one directly from Jelsoft. And it is the best forum software.

Toefur said:
phpbb is an outdted piece of crap.

yeah, I am seeing a whole lot less phpBB boards now.. IPB seems to be becoming the standard now. Of course, a lot of sites are using the (better) less-known boards as well.

I was a IPB user for a long time (actually since Matt was on Ikonboard, then started IPB). I decided to switch to vB when IPB went pay. I'm regretting it. I wish I stayed with IPB. Anyone out there with a IPB license want to trade? lol

The only problem I've noticed lately (since it went pay) with IPB is weaker skinning community.

Last edited:
trenzterra said:
phpBB3 is almost like Longhorn in terms of delays

They taking out a big feature whenever they announce something about it too?

Personally, XMB was my favourite - but I haven't seen any updates for it in a long time, but I haven't exactly been following it.

I have tried all & all are gud ...phpbb,ipb1.3 & smf BUT i suggest if you don't wana buy license go for IPB2.0(trial) It was a special version with no limitation & 100% legal! (& u can convert other forums to ipb2.0 very easily!)

I really like IPB the best. All the vB boards I visit seem to be slow and sluggish a lot of the time

Back