• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is your CTR?

lpok

May I ask you guys what your website's CTR? I want to see what kind of CTR people have. I'll share mines. Last month, mines was about 0.2% :( Not too good.

ValueClick shows my longterm clickthrough rate (on 7 million impressions since Feb. '99) as 0.234 percent. But for the most recent period, about the last 3 weeks, it's an abysmal 0.106 percent.

UGH! That's bad.. Time to re-design your site and move to another ad network, I guess.

Hmmm ... the ad banners are in the top inch of each page, just like everywhere. I'm not interested in a larger ad presence than that; selling ads is not the point of the site. How would redesigning increase the CTR?

> polygon
>
> How would redesigning increase the CTR?

That depends on your site.

Suppose that you have a page dedicated to the actress Ashley Judd. A visitor arrives at the page and is shown, in their browser, a banner and directly below, a photo of the actress looking irresistable in the movie "The Passion of Darkly Noon" and below that, there is the start of your brief biography and filmography of Judd. When the screen is first displayed, your visitor notices the picture of Ashley Judd and does not register the banner. Then, they scroll down the page to read the rest of the content. By the time that they are finished, the ad has disappeared off the top and they are not going to go back and look at it.

The best place for a banner is one that makes it visible on the screen when the visitor decides that they are finsihed with your site. (All merely IMHO of course.)

jpoc

BTW how is the CTR calculated?
is CTR= (no of clicks/No of Impressions)/100
i.e. a percentage of number of impressions?

does anybody click on banners?
for the last 7 years that i have been using the net i must have clicked only on about 7-9 banners!

Originally posted by lastactionhero

for the last 7 years that i have been using the net i must have clicked only on about 7-9 banners!

I use to click on banners, but now I seen them all, and nothing interests me.

After I made a website and learnt how much time is involved, I have learnt to at least view adverts. I now click on ones I like...

I think my CTR would be like 2%, excluding these forums' ads... which just annoy me! ;)

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
After I made a website and learnt how much time is involved, I have learnt to at least view adverts. I now click on ones I like...

I think my CTR would be like 2%, excluding these forums' ads... which just annoy me! ;)

2%? Wow, that's very high. What program(s) do you use?

Originally posted by lpok
Originally posted by lastactionhero

I use to click on banners, but now I seen them all, and nothing interests me.

I still put the fault on the advertisers... When I visit a website, I do so because something in their content interested me. Now perhaps, I see a banner ad and maybe it interests me as well. I would like to click on the banner, and check out the advertisers wares, but I would like to do so AFTER I look at what I came to see in the first place.
Unfortunately, the banner ad companies INSIST that when a banner is clicked, you go to the advertisers site and leave what it was you were looking for... That's about equivelant to demanding that somebody who has been waiting for a movie to come on television and on seeing a commercial, turn off the TV and dash out to the store to buy the new popiel pocket fisherman RIGHT NOW because their commercial came on and the network won't get paid unless you go out right away and buy.
It seems to me, that if the advertisers site would open in a new window... I could browse my chosen site until I was finished, and THEN click over to the other window and look at the advertised product. But as it is, I will not click on a banner because it's a side issue. I will resolve my original intent first, and as a rule, by the time I finish browsing the web site, the ad that interested me is gone and has been replaced by a banner for a new credit card with a low 6 month introductory offer that is later raised to 25%.
This ad will appear on every page I go to on that site for the next three days and the interesting ad will never appear again.
And the webmaster will not be paid for the multiple appearances of the credit card ad because I only count as one view in a 24 hour period no matter how many times I'm forced to look at the ad.

I think you're a bit confused, probaly my fault. I'm talking about banners I click... out of 100 that I see I'd click around 2. On average.

If you want my website's statistics please scroll up! ;)

I think you're a bit confused, probaly my fault. I'm talking about banners I click... out of 100 that I see I'd click around 2. On average.

If you want my website's statistics please scroll up! ;)

Oh, I see. :)

Originally posted by Rick
... Unfortunately, the banner ad companies INSIST that when a banner is clicked, you go to the advertisers site and leave what it was you were looking for... ...

you COULD always do what i do...
right-click --> Open in New Window :)

Back