• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What should I pay per month for web hosting?

whiteberry

I would like to start a small business web site.
I have been told that I will need web hosting. Can someone explain what hosting includes and what I should expect to pay for hosting per month?

You can expect to pay as low as a few bucks a month. Depending what you want to do with your hosting.

Whats included in the hosting plan are usually the Control Panel type, Disk Space, Bandwidth, FTP accounts, Email accounts, ect...

I suppose month to month billing will be the most comfortable for you and that is traditional for the most web hosting companies

I have been told that I will need web hosting. Can someone explain what hosting includes and what I should expect to pay for hosting per month?

You need a shared hosting package.

To find the best deal and the best quality, you will have to get a good idea of how much disk space and bandwidth (traffic to your site) you will be using, and purchase a package that comes close to meeting those needs. Otherwise you will end up paying far more to companies who advertise "unlimited" (which is a red flag), all the while using little resources.

A good realistic hosting package with 1-2GB disk space and ~10GB BW will run you anywhere from $2-$5/mo.

Hi whiteberry,

Welcome to FWS. It all depends on your site really, one can't just make a decision based off the type of site alone.

Data storage/transfer, features, reputation of company and features can play a very important role in making the price. But for starters, I'd say expect to pay at around $5 for quality business hosting per month. A slightly higher price can usually assure you that you are getting something good for your money, again, this is dependent upon the provider.

You may want to try looking at a few hosting providers to help narrow your search down to the ones that offer what you need and search this forum with their names to get some good honest reviews.

Good question.

The way I see it, free hosting is hit or miss. You could find a good provider that might be around for awhile - but it's unlikely. You could use a free host, but what good does it do if they close down a couple weeks after you join? Which is pretty common to happen.

With a paid hosting service, you know they are going to be there for you. After all, you pay them money, they have to provide a service in return. They are obligated to provide you with a quality service, where a free host will just say 'Eff it'.

If you plan to make any kind of money off your website, you need to get a paid hosting service. Period.

If you are not sure how much space, bandwidth and other resources your site will be using, try a small shared hosting plan and if you need more you can always upgrade.

bp

Good For you:)
I have been told that I will need web hosting. Can someone explain what hosting includes ?
You need space and bandwith , realible support when you need help.
several email to conduct your business if you are planning to have sales department , billing department,
you can create SAles@yourbusinessdomain.com
Billing@yourbusinessdomain.com
and what I should expect to pay for hosting per month?

For REliable Small business web hosting provider you can expect to pay $ 12 or more for good support and reability.:)

The price can be subject to a number of things and it really depends on what you are looking for in a host. If your looking for a host where you can dump your small business site up thats relatively reliable you can do so for $2-5 a month as many people have suggested if your looking for someone who is catering to small businesses offering email antivirus, nightly backups either on or offsite, possibly both you may be willing to have to spend a little bit more.

If you are not sure about your prospective web host. Even if that is reputable one... How can you be sure to pay for the whole year in advance?

$5 -$10 is the normal rates for a shared hosting account these days. There are better hosts charging above $10, also there are hosts that provide hosting for as low as $1 per month. To me $10 looks cheap, especially if you are a small business owner.

I believe people search for the features first of all and then they pay attention to the prices.

They should do like that actually but the truth is the opposite in most cases. That is the reason for most of the newbies drag themselves to troubles by going for the cheapest.

Back