• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What was your first free web host?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was Geocities. If I remember correctly, my school was holding a basic FrontPage course and the instructors made us use Geocities.

Hmm, from reading elsewhere Geocities seems like a more popular host, I guess considering the positioning of it's ad compared to other web hosts.

Homestead when it was free. The webpage maker was pretty cool then. You downloaded the software to your pc, and uploaded your pages right to your site.

Homestead. No longer available because I had their pay service. Used Geocities a bit and Tripod, but Homestead was the one I used first and the most.

After that, its hard to say. Too many to count really.

Homestead as well, the wysiwyg editor was great at the time, though learning html was by far the thing to do. All my pages didnt look correct in 1024x768 res, since I used 800x600 back then.

Yahoo GeoCities ... My first drop & drag website.
I thought it was the poop at that time! ...but it really was very crappy looking back on it now .. lol

It was many years ago, it was the .com with the ugly sitebuilder and the goo-y green template :D

Hmm, well I wouldn't of known about that. I'd of been too young to know anyway. But eventually if no one visits a page hosted on a service like tripod, it will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back