• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What's the best free e-mail service?

rjpa

Hi,

What's the best free e-mail service available now days?
I've got a Gmail account, but Gmail always goes down now and then and it's kind of frustrating. So can you recomend a good free e-mail provider that is stable and free to use (250Mb+)?

Thanks in advance.

Rasmus.

stablility is the most important thingy. not quota.
gmail, yahoo. i dont like hotmail because hotmail has inactivity limit.

hotmail is a bit slow for me, and so is yahoo. i like gmail the best. i don't mind the downtime, since i don't get a lot email, it doesn't matter as much. at least the emails don't get deleted. :D

I have accounts with Yahoo that I POP all my mail to that is related to business and a Gmail that is for personal use. I love them both and have had no downtime problems with either.

Also try walla.com (1gb) & Xasamail (4000 megabytes) both are really good email service provider :)

Matt8 said:
I have accounts with Yahoo that I POP all my mail to that is related to business and a Gmail that is for personal use. I love them both and have had no downtime problems with either.

Does Gmail come with any restrictions (i.e. personal use only etc.)?
I like Gmail for all the various mailing lists and Yahoo Groups I subscribe to.
What if a webmaster wanted to run a contest on his/her website? Gmail would be a handy way of sorting who said what in terms of a contest. Does Gmail have any restrictions against using their system to keep tract of contest entrants?

notnamed said:
What downtime do you speak of? I haven't noticed any downtime for months.
thats wat i was about to say. i remember it being down like twice when it first came out.

rhianna said:
Does Gmail come with any restrictions (i.e. personal use only etc.)?
I like Gmail for all the various mailing lists and Yahoo Groups I subscribe to.
What if a webmaster wanted to run a contest on his/her website? Gmail would be a handy way of sorting who said what in terms of a contest. Does Gmail have any restrictions against using their system to keep tract of contest entrants?

Their TOS says "personal use only" but I think they just mean that you can't "share" an account with multiple people and use it for storage or something.

I don't think they have any restrictions about holding a contest with their email.

http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/terms_of_use.html

ok

ok u should use gmail.com it's not bad not much downtime and hotmail.com for ur email that u would use if u have friends so u dont look like a ultra geek and geeks suck

aexx said:
ok u should use gmail.com it's not bad not much downtime and hotmail.com for ur email that u would use if u have friends so u dont look like a ultra geek and geeks suck

hahahaha nice logic ROTFLMAO

Back