• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whats the best program for web design?

I use Dreamweaver for coding and Fireworx for layout design. am Not into Photoshop for design.

I use HTMl-KIT with paintshop7 :p
html kit is good free program with ton of plug ins, of course dream waver being a paid product is better in some ways, But i like my html kit served me all right ^^

http://html-kit.com

Last edited:
photoshop, fireworks, dreamweaver, flash, for my web project. and cuteFTP for uploading.

I use Dreamweaver for coding, and fireworks, photoshop for graphics. I use both Dreamweaver and wsftp for uploading.

nano or notepad for writing HTML, depending on if I'm using a linux or windows box.

And for graphics, I'm trying to learn how to use Gimp, since I don't exactly have access to my Aunt's computer with Photoshop save for about two weeks out of the year.

Photoshop, then save each images as required (not necessarilly slice) and use a text editor to lay them out.

Last edited:
well notepad is quite good for simple editing and is very usefull but for big projects dreamweaver is better :) Of course there is a lot of additional software which is usefull like: add color for web, flashFXP for upload, some picture editors like Photoshop and easy thumbnails (for gallerys).

tools are great for beginners and code unconscious, and maybe for the lazy ones. again, hand/manual coding of pages is always better. use tools only for graphics and other stuff other than page coding. it is always better to make your pages standards compliant w/c is generally not offered by softwares. you will also benefit from hand coding pages yourself, like mastering the codes.

yeah you're right :)
and also you do not have a lot of useless meta tags :)
and the best thing in coding yourself is that you can feel the source not just pull some standart forms

I am way too lazy to do all that even though I know how to. I just hard code ASP and ASP.net and the rest of the programing scripts cuz there is no other way to do em. atleast I dont know of any other way. There is nothing better than taking the easy way out for me. :)

I write both HTML and RTF files in notepad. I use xPadie for colour quantization (it works better than Padie, sometimes I try both programs) and pngout for PNG compression. I use ArcSoft PhotoStudio 2.0 for graphic editing, you can probably find the free standard edition all over the web, I think they took it off their own site though. I hope to have my new website ready soon. And no dreamweaver is not better for bigger pages than notepad - at least not unless the file is too big to be opened in notepad, in which case WordPad would do fine. But I think the later versions of notepad don't suffer from the file-size limit that they used to. I'll give you an example of why I write RTF in notepad, one file is 24,943 bytes, it has one JPEG in it. If I open it in Word and then save it, Word makes the file 423,526 bytes. 17 times bigger than my original. If I open that file (the one saved in Word) in WordPad and save it it becomes 379,426 bytes but looses the header and footer. In some ways RTF is even easier to write than HTML.

But HTML is so dead-easy I'm supprised anyone needs a WYSIWYG editor. I test HTML pages in IE and Mozilla (even though it's an awful excuse for a browser). I bet dreamwaver doesn't tell you how to make pure CSS image-rollovers/pop-ups (that DON'T use scripting at all).

well but preparing the whole design of your web page in notepad is not so easy if you are going to have a lot of tables and so on :)

webhostec said:
well but preparing the whole design of your web page in notepad is not so easy if you are going to have a lot of tables and so on :)
thats why table layouts is obsolete now a days, or atleast it is not recommended anymore. css is the answer.

Back