• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whats the best program for web design?

Well will somebody tell me, we are talking about web design tools, web developing tools, editors, server languages, what ??? :confused4:

webhostec said:
Perl is a powerful script language not designers tool.

You are right, my 'needs' does tend to be rather different and my reasoning goes astray.

If it makes any sense, I recently used perl to generate website 'designed' for search engine to crawl through.

The meaning of the word 'design' has slightly shifted in meaning in my head.

Sorry.

Nothing is greater than Notepad. Do you really want to learn a WYSIWYG editor instead of HTML?

WYSIWYG has it is function ... for example you need to make a page like this and every post has a different color. Ok you'll copy/paste the tables and diffs but to change properties on everything is a hard work with notepad. It is far more easy to do it with point & click in WYSIWYG editor.

I use DreamWeaver for editing
Photoshop for images (rarely use)
Smart FTP to upload. ( or just go to ftp.mysite.com and cut and paste)

Ive been using 1st page 2000 and photoshop for years(god I'm getting old) now. Makes a great combo for me :)

cowax said:
Ive been using 1st page 2000 and photoshop for years(god I'm getting old) now. Makes a great combo for me :)
I used 1st Page 2000 from around September 1999, up until September 2003.

I used to swear by it, however since I am no longer running Windows it isn't an option.

Front Page. For some reason that is bothering me. I still use it now sometimes but i got dreamweaver and i like it more

kaliboy2g said:
Front Page. For some reason that is bothering me. I still use it now sometimes but i got dreamweaver and i like it more
I personally cannot bare WYSIWYG editors, but to each their own.

So long as I have syntax highlighting I am happy.

I need to use WYSIWYG editors. I am not that good at professional designing a site. I just download a premade template and customize it to my needs

Back in the days I use to use notepad. Now I use Dreamweaver to make tables, but mostly notepad to make modifications

i use Dreamweaver, Flash MX, AdobePhoto Shop, Front Page, last but not the least Dreamweaver UltraDev and offcourse Notepad the Great and CuteFTP for uploading aswell :)

Back