• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whats the Max a physical single server get upto?

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
After seeing that thread " Massive Email Server" it got me thinking!

What can a single server get upto in terms of specs! Ram, HHD space, processor power etc etc.

Anyone clear this up for me? and what prices per month are we talking about for those specs aswell?

The same as your home computer.
Just search for the biggest Mobo and power supply, And you have your answer.
I think RAM is 64GB (32GB norm, 16 x 2GB sticks.) hyperthreaded though, I haven't checked into the others, it's just I found the 64GB model on the Intel site, I think.

Last edited:
For a server like that, you'd most likely be building it yourself or having someone build it for you.

Dude , im not asking for a quote! Just trying to get an idea of what it cost for a kick --- server...

Well, Maplin sell 2GB DDR2 sticks at £29.99 each on promo :D

So 16x£29.99 is your starting point. I've known a server to hold 10x1TB SATAII Hard Drives. So, 10X £50 there.

found a site offering this...

AMD Opteron 8350 2GHz quad-core processor with 4x 512KB L2 cache + 2MB L3 cache x 8
4096MB DDR2-667 ECC Registered DDR2 SDRAM x 64 [thats 256GB!!!]
300GB SCSI Ultra320 15000RPM SCA2 HDD x 6 [They need 1tb drives -.-]

In a 5u rackmount server case.

Price: If you have to ask you cant afford it :p

http://www.xenon.com.au/

So im sure they can get to be massive!

The one thing is get such server configuration. The another one get permission from web hosting provider or data center as well to go ahead on it.

I don't see why a DC would say no to hosting it, it's not like you're any less of a customer than anyone else they host. Just means your server owns their server :p

Better cooperate with data centers directly. Call few of them and tell them about your server. Perhaps some of them welcome you.
Hope that helps

Better cooperate with data centers directly. Call few of them and tell them about your server. Perhaps some of them welcome you.
Hope that helps

if it is a colo service, the datacenter won't even give a damn on wat ur server is, as long as u paid for wat they asked u to pay, lol

they won't even care if u r running a Pentium 100mhz as a server, as long as you pay them
hehhehehe

Back