• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why are people still using HTML?

Originally posted by Ryan_man
What are you talking about. it's not <p><style>. it's <p style="font: arial;"> and that will work anywhere. You can also add it to <td> tags, <td style="font:arial;">
I meant, without using <p>. <style> can only be used in headers..

Also I notice that <a> href targets are gone, and so are <base> target, what have they been replaced with?

trenz... please explain to me what the heck you are talking about.

Please go read an XHTML tutorial or something. http://www.webmonkey.com

I have explained to you twice that style="font: arial;" can be used in various tags. You can use it in <div></div> tags and so foreth. CSS, as far as I know, is basically the best way to change fonts anyways. CSS makes the fonts more flexible and have cool effects :D

Oh and also <style type="text/css"> is only between the <head></head> tags, but you can use class or id properties to "hotlink" them into your <body></body> tags.

IE,

<head>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
#anIDname { font: 12px arial; }
-->
</style>
</head>

<body>
<table>
<tr>
<td id="anIDname">
This font will now be 12 px arial
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Last edited:
I was speaking more in terms of, like, how exactly are you going to get the email addresses? Or, where?

Then use transitional :D

the <font> tag is not supported by XHTML. I usually use CSS myself, for the change of fonts and such. Of course, when you want to change font's, you can change it through the <p style="font: arial;"> or something like that.

There is no transitional for XHTML 1.1, only for XHTML 1.0

XHTML:
1.1 - Strict
1.1 - Frameset (Not sure about that)
1.0 - Transitional
1.0 - Strict
1.0 - Frameset

HTML:
4.0 - Strict
4.0 - Transitional
4.0 - Frameset
4.01 - Strict
4.01 - Transitional
4.01 - Frameset

Last edited:
Ah, I thought XHTML 1.1 had transitional. My bad. I've only used 1.0.

Either way, XHTML 2.0 should be a lot better than 1.1 :devious2:

http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/xhtml_why.asp
kind of says it all for me :D

Thanks for the links X-Istence, I think i'm going to check out XHTML 1.1 sources and see if there are any differences from 1.0.

Sorry, I wasn't going to argue anymore about what is better XHTML or HTML.. but I have to put this in. I just took an XHTML quiz:

4. HTML will be replaced by XHTML

You answered: True

Correct Answer!

I get a point! :D

Only got %80, but i'm not good at tests anyways.

here we go again! ....

Sorry, I wasn't going to argue anymore about what is better XHTML or HTML.. but I have to put this in. I just took an XHTML quiz:

4. HTML will be replaced by XHTML

You answered: True

Correct Answer!

I get a point! :D

Only got %80, but i'm not good at tests anyways.

ROTFLMAO

err sorry for not replying... I just woke up.

Err, Ryan, I was trying to do this:

<td (everything else goes here)>
blahblah

<font size="4" face="arial">
testing
</font>

blah

<font size="6" face="arial">
etc...
</font>
</td>

Get what i mean?

Code:
<td>
<div style="font-family : Arial; font-size : 10px;">Blah blah blah, this is arial</div><br \>
<div style="font-family : Verdana; font-size : 14px;">This is now verdana, weee!</div><br \>
</td>

Div is your friend. (Is the above XHTML 1.1 compliant?)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Canuckkev
Code:
<td>
<div style="font-family : Arial; font-size : 10px;">Blah blah blah, this is arial</div><br \>
<div style="font-family : Verdana; font-size : 14px;">This is now verdana, weee!</div><br \>
</td>

no because it should be <br/>

Originally posted by Canuckkev
Code:
<td>
</td>

No:

Code:
<td>
<div style="font-family : Arial; font-size : 10px;">Blah blah blah, this is arial</div> <br />
<div style="font-family : Verdana; font-size : 14px;">This is now verdana, weee!</div> <br />
</td>

Is.

don't forget that it is suggested that you use a space before the slash, so that it will be supported in ALL browsers. EX. not <br/> but <br />

Back