• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Worst Host Names

Yeah, I think they are an ISP too. I still think freedom 2 surf is a dumb name for any company. I remember my account with them. Them and Crosswinds back in the day with the thousand pop-ups. And 9cy eventually became the best. Then they went caput. And we can't forget host.sk and the wonderful sign up process you went through since you couldn't read ----. But lets not lie, portland.co.uk's wonderfully reliable service was the best free webhost as long as you didn't use more than 100mb of transfer a month.

And now that I have not only gotten way off track, I've dated myself. Now I will go cry myself to sleep reminiscing the old days.
Don't worry, I remember those days, too. My choices back then were always Fateback (which makes me think of fatback), F2S, CoolFreePages, or Hypermart.

With Blood Host, I had a cool idea about having vampires as the administrators and a castle vbulletin with a dark template but I have gotten rid of the domain name due to reasons like people not liking the idea. Hosting Written in Blood was my slogan. I guess unique isn't always the best. :p

I agree with F2S because it makes me think of "free 2 sex". Ugh...

I wasn't voting those for "worst names" (although it seems like it). I was reminiscing* with Matt8 about the "old days" of 2002. Those were web hosts I actually used.

*That sounds sexual. 'O bby, let me reminisce you to the moon.'

Front page of NoUptime.com

Testimonials says....
I lost over 40 pounds after switching to No Uptime. Thanks guys

Maybe it's a new diet plan! Zomg, lets go sign up for webhosting at nouptime... we lose wait!!!!!!!
It was talked about on some other thread too. You got to see that site.

http://www.nouptime.com said:
- 200Gb of Storage
- 10 Bytes of Path Bandwidth
- Ruby on Railroads
- Dedicated Support Geek
- Dedicated Win 3.11
- Steve Ballmer
- Ruby on Boats

Steve Ballmer at $200 :eek3:

And now, best of all... "Hosting your Websites since 1969"

Want more?!?!?

http://www.nouptime.com/server-status
You got to visit that link. It displays their server status!

I just love this:

NoUpTime said:
- Lots of Storage
- 10Kb of Bandwidth
- PHP 5, 6 and 7
- MySQL and ReiserFS
- 2 Glow Sticks
- Free Broken Toaster
- 24/8 Email Support

I can't hold off any longer - I'm signing up - if the fecking online form would JUST WORK!!!!!!

Back