• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

www.geekrack.net is the WORST PLACE EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xplhost

Hello,

On Feb 21 I ordered a dedicated server with geekrack.com So when i got my server, i had asked them to have it portioned a specific way, but it was not set up like that So, when i asked them to have it reportioned and reimaged to the way I asked to have it set up, they tried to charge me $30.00. I told them that it was a unfair charge, so they did the good thing and dropped the charge for it. I submitted that ticket on Feb 24, and the owner told me that this will be taken care of by the next morning. So, i gave it 24 hours, more time than they said, and it still was not done. I called them and they assured me that they were working on this issue. I gave it another 48 Hours, and still nothing was done. I found out that they were a reseller through burst.net, so i called burst.net to see if they had a ticket for this to be done, and the support tech I talked to told me that a ticket had not even been submitted! So when i spoke with the owner of geekrack.net, she got all grumpy with me and said she was going to yell at burst.net because they were not supposed to release any information. I told her that i would want my money back because their service says that it comes with 24/7 support. Now i was not even getting support, unless you call support saying, "ok we will do this" and not doing nothing. The owner is still refusing to give me a refund, so I have filed a chargeback with paypal, as much as I hate to do that, i beleive it is the only way i will get my money back. So in closing, DO NOT BUY FROM GEEKRACK.NET UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SCREWED!

i am sorry you had a bad experience starting out with GR, and i wish you would have contacted me to take care of the issue at hand. Burst has been taking a lot longer lately than they should be, and it is obviously hurting our clients. if you do decide to stay and give it another shot, please contact me directly via MSN or live support, and i will work with you. once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

-Justin

0 posts? Doesn't make sense :p

i called burst.net to see if they had a ticket for this to be done, and the support tech I talked to told me that a ticket had not even been submitted! So when i spoke with the owner of geekrack.net, she got all grumpy with me and said she was going to yell at burst.net because they were not supposed to release any information.

This is very interesting however.

"portioned?" Care to explain what this new word you made up is? Unless you meant partitioned. 1 post wonders are not very credible nowadays.

On a side note. MTC is correct, Burst have been quite slow on their setups, I know someone that has a few servers with them for odds and sods of sort.

But still, you get what you pay for. Burst dont have the greatest reputation for being reliable, or even stable.

I don't think we can completely discredit this though, he does give some specific details which appears to be legit, such as dates and certain details of what happened between him and her.

My guess is the OP was so angry he googled around for GeekRack and found FWS. :p Welcome. :D

Hello,

Sorry about not having any post's here. I am mostly posting around on webhostingtlak under the name magnuson56. I am very good friends with some people there and they told me that geek rack does not get on wht much and they told me to post here, so again sorry for not having any posts.
I registered the server hostname: server.xplhost.com
"portioned?", yes I wanted to say partitioned
Also, I did see alot of people saying burst.net being busy. This problem is not bursts fault, because GeekRack did not even submit a ticket to them...

If you guys have anymore questions, just reply

Guys, why does it matter how many posts a person has to determine whether or not their claim is legit?

xplhost, please answer Peo's question directly. What domain were you hosting with them?

It was a dedicated server and i was planning on using it for the creation of VPS servers, so it did not have any domain name. It however did have a servername, and that was host100.xplhost.com. Sorry for providing the information of server.xplhost.com above, I forgot that is the previous server that I have (not with geek rack).

Last edited:
Man I'm so confused these days....how many users here are affiliated with GR? 5? that's by a completely inaccurate estimate off the top of my head.

Back on topic however, thanks for the review; thought about getting a server with them before but I'll take a sec to second guess myself now. Maybe provide some chat logs or something? But to me I think this is legit.

Here are some MSN conversations I had...

2/25/2008 4:47:59 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net Shequita, i was wondering when this is going to get done for my server
2/25/2008 4:48:08 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net It hasnt been reimaged or repartitioned yet
2/25/2008 4:49:27 PM support@geekrack.net XPLHost - Ryan I dont have an eta on it as of yet
2/25/2008 4:49:41 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net did you submit it to burstnet?
2/25/2008 4:53:45 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net Im talking to burst and they said that there isnt even a ticket?
2/25/2008 4:53:48 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net did you submit one?
2/25/2008 4:54:05 PM support@geekrack.net XPLHost - Ryan Yes, i sure did
2/25/2008 4:54:17 PM support@geekrack.net XPLHost - Ryan along with the other three reloads that have been submitted
2/25/2008 4:54:33 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net Could i get a ticket number to give the guy im talking to
2/25/2008 4:54:37 PM support@geekrack.net XPLHost - Ryan And if they are in fact releasing account information i need to know because this is a big big problem
2/25/2008 4:54:47 PM support@geekrack.net XPLHost - Ryan Who are you talking to
2/25/2008 4:55:00 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net i just hand up with them, im not sure
2/25/2008 4:55:09 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net but he said that he didnt see a ticket at this point
2/25/2008 4:55:30 PM support@geekrack.net XPLHost - Ryan Its ok ill call the VP
2/25/2008 4:55:40 PM support@geekrack.net XPLHost - Ryan They arent to devulge any information at all
2/25/2008 4:55:51 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net ik, but the thing is, i need this done
2/25/2008 4:56:09 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net and it seems like whenever I ask you something, you avoid it
2/25/2008 4:56:13 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net im just trying to get this done
2/25/2008 4:56:18 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net I am waiting on this
2/25/2008 4:56:31 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net do you have a ticket number that I could give the guy
2/25/2008 4:57:20 PM support@geekrack.net XPLHost - Ryan No body is avoiding anything with you
2/25/2008 4:57:41 PM support@geekrack.net XPLHost - Ryan I will deal with burst not you
2/25/2008 4:57:57 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net ok, well will you please make sure this gets done
2/25/2008 4:58:31 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net iv ordered the server last thursday, and i have not yet been able to use it
2/25/2008 4:58:41 PM XPLHost - Ryan support@geekrack.net it's just really holding me back
2/25/2008 4:50:43 PM support@geekrack.net XPLHost - Ryan YEs
2/25/2008 5:00:56 PM support@geekrack.net XPLHost - Ryan You could have easily modded the partition if you do not wish to wait on the reload. We wouldnt do this for you however it can be done.

Here is the First Support Ticket I submited
Ryan Magnuson
Posted On: 24 Feb 2008 07:55 PM
Hello,

I though that I asked during signup to have my server set up for a openVZ network. Anyways, i need the following done so that is is able to be set up on a openVZ network

need to reimage and repartition
Please have a reasonable partiiton for openvz. Have a 500MB /boot and the rest as /

Please have this done ASAP

Thanks
Ryan
Shequeita Hall
Posted On: 24 Feb 2008 07:57 PM
In order to reload the OS this does cost $30.00 per isntance. You will also always need a swap partion on the system as well. Let us know what you would like to do.

Regards,

-----------
Shequeita R Hall
Owner / Operator
Geek Rack Networks
www.geekrack.net
Ryan Magnuson
Posted On: 24 Feb 2008 07:58 PM
Shequita, I do not feel that i should have to pay for this, as I personaly asked you to have it setup with the partitions that I listed below. I also asked to have it setup for a OpenVZ network.
Ryan Magnuson
Posted On: 24 Feb 2008 08:06 PM
I will be awaiting your response.

Here is the Next Support Ticket

Ryan Magnuson
Posted On: 24 Feb 2008 09:16 PM
Hello,

I am going to need it reportioned

[root@host100 ~]# df -al

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/sda6 1019208 1019204 0 100% / <-- reason why I can?t create any vps accounts.

proc 0 0 0 - /proc

sysfs 0 0 0 - /sys

devpts 0 0 0 - /dev/pts

/dev/sda1 77749 35454 38281 49% /boot

tmpfs 508964 0 508964 0% /dev/shm

/dev/sda8 213142724 1753828 200387184 1% /home

/dev/sda5 1019208 34132 932468 4% /tmp

/dev/sda3 10154020 1451172 8178728 16% /usr

/dev/sda2 10154020 296256 9333644 4% /var

none 0 0 0 - /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc

sunrpc 0 0 0 - /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs

When reportioning, please make the /dev/sda6 200 GB

Thanks
Ryan
Ryan Magnuson
Posted On: 24 Feb 2008 09:32 PM
Actually, Please do not make it a 200 GB partion. Please just make it 20 GB

Thanks
Ryan
Shequeita Hall
Posted On: 24 Feb 2008 10:22 PM
Advising client of options via msn closing ticket.
Shequeita R Hall
Owner / Operator
Geek Rack Networks
www.geekrack.net

That is the last i heard from them...

Let's not just jump to conclusions until one of the owners arrive on the scene with some input?

I will let shequeita know about this topic for you Ryan, I really can't apologise more for the amount o time you have been waiting but it has been hectic with burst.

I know i personally waited 3 days for mine which was ok as i wasn't in a rush.

Let's not just jump to conclusions until one of the owners arrive on the scene with some input?

Lol okay but 2 people who are affiliated/working for GR has posted on this thread and nobody can provide any more information or a side of the story from GR?

anyways, please let me know when I can start jumping to conclusion. I do indeed like to do so very much.

Man I'm so confused these days....how many users here are affiliated with GR? 5? that's by a completely inaccurate estimate off the top of my head.

Back on topic however, thanks for the review; thought about getting a server with them before but I'll take a sec to second guess myself now. Maybe provide some chat logs or something? But to me I think this is legit.

there are always people that happen to bu unhappy with a particular host. i know people that HATE gogaddy, but, i have personally NEVER had a problem with them, and obviously they are doing something right with how big they are.

same could be said for GR. there are people out there that will never be happy, no matter who they are with. i previously was with wowrack, and i cant complain about them. their prices were ok, and the server was decent. i decided to switch to GR a couple months back. turned out the be the best thing i have done hosting wise, EVER. after being with them for a bit, i decided to help out at GR, and i do some side work for them now.

GR is a great host, and i think the number of clients we have can prove that. there are hundreds of happy clients, and only a handful of unhappy ones. anyways, i hope you find a good host, just felt you should take a look at GR still, and not just cause i help out there. i have honestly been happier now with my server than i have ever been. good luck.

and yes, there are 5 or so people here that do work for GR. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back