• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

www.geekrack.net is the WORST PLACE EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am not sure what exactly happened but would like to put a few of my points in.

1. I can understand why GR might be upset that Burst Disclosed information that a ticket was not submitted on your behalf. If you inform a client that your going to take care of it then you shouldn't make them wait around. They are paying for a service and each day is costing them money. If you couldn't do it you should of informed the client.

2. The next thing is I wouldn't recommend coming onto a public forum and realeasing paypal information or chat conversation with your client. I believe this would probably breach your privacy policy.

"
We will not provide any personally identifiable information about you to any other person other than:

# a person or company who acquires our business;
# third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing), subject to the third party agreeing with us that it will keep your personally identifiable information confidential; "

3. How much does it cost you for a OS Reload so the server can be repartion?
I am sure the cost would probably eliminate any profits from this client for the month, but instead you eliminated a client who could of stuck with you for the long run.

I think it would be best if both parties worked together to get this eliminated. The client should of been more specific in regards to his plans of using HyperVM (which should split the root and vz directory 50/50).

Hello,

I am not sure what exactly happened but would like to put a few of my points in.

1. I can understand why GR might be upset that Burst Disclosed information that a ticket was not submitted on your behalf. If you inform a client that your going to take care of it then you shouldn't make them wait around. They are paying for a service and each day is costing them money. If you couldn't do it you should of informed the client.

2. The next thing is I wouldn't recommend coming onto a public forum and realeasing paypal information or chat conversation with your client. I believe this would probably breach your privacy policy.

"
We will not provide any personally identifiable information about you to any other person other than:

# a person or company who acquires our business;
# third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing), subject to the third party agreeing with us that it will keep your personally identifiable information confidential; "

3. How much does it cost you for a OS Reload so the server can be repartion?
I am sure the cost would probably eliminate any profits from this client for the month, but instead you eliminated a client who could of stuck with you for the long run.

I think it would be best if both parties worked together to get this eliminated. The client should of been more specific in regards to his plans of using HyperVM (which should split the root and vz directory 50/50).

If you're not sure I wouldn't start making inaccurate points.

1. I do believe that GR has stated again and again that they did submit the ticket to Burst. Burst is a lot bigger, and it happens in many big companies that certain people you contact may not know about an issue or submitted ticket (it also depends on whether it has been propagated through their system) The rep for Burst only said they didn't see a ticket at that time,t here could be an issue with the system where it hasn't updated for that rep or that the rep is unable to see it at all.

2. This one I'm sorta on the side about, the paypal info is only the dispute, it's a gray area, the chat logs are in refutation to the inaccurate ones posted by the OP. The chat logs are fine in my eye, the paypal dispute is sortof on the fence. But as you can see, the paypal does show that the OP has no idea what he's talking about (exaggerating that he should have had 2GB of RAM when it was explained multiple times the server he was ordering only had 1GB..and he acknowledged it!) As an aside, the OP was very cheap from the start...wanting discounts and that here and there, promising to bring in customers...that's a big red sign to me from the get-go.

3. They waived the partition fee, they stated that it usually costs 30 but they waived it in that case - even though it was the client error in not providing the proper specs for the server to be setup with.

Overall it was a bit of mis-communication, but GR handled it very professionally, as noted, and the OP was, to me, like a kid throwing a tantrum really..

If you're not sure I wouldn't start making inaccurate points.

1. I do believe that GR has stated again and again that they did submit the ticket to Burst. Burst is a lot bigger, and it happens in many big companies that certain people you contact may not know about an issue or submitted ticket (it also depends on whether it has been propagated through their system) The rep for Burst only said they didn't see a ticket at that time,t here could be an issue with the system where it hasn't updated for that rep or that the rep is unable to see it at all.

2. This one I'm sorta on the side about, the paypal info is only the dispute, it's a gray area, the chat logs are in refutation to the inaccurate ones posted by the OP. The chat logs are fine in my eye, the paypal dispute is sortof on the fence. But as you can see, the paypal does show that the OP has no idea what he's talking about (exaggerating that he should have had 2GB of RAM when it was explained multiple times the server he was ordering only had 1GB..and he acknowledged it!) As an aside, the OP was very cheap from the start...wanting discounts and that here and there, promising to bring in customers...that's a big red sign to me from the get-go.

3. They waived the partition fee, they stated that it usually costs 30 but they waived it in that case - even though it was the client error in not providing the proper specs for the server to be setup with.

Overall it was a bit of mis-communication, but GR handled it very professionally, as noted, and the OP was, to me, like a kid throwing a tantrum really..
I dont see how you can say "cheap From The Start"
If you are a business man, and you come across 2 servers with the exact same price, dont you go with the better deal? I was looking for the best deal.

Also, The paypal is total out of here! That information should have NEVER been posted!

I dont understand how the 30.00 fee was waived if they did not even put in a ticket. What she says is one thing, but what burst has documented is another. If she in fact did put in the ticket, dont you think that it would have been done by now?

I dont see how you can say "cheap From The Start"
If you are a business man, and you come across 2 servers with the exact same price, dont you go with the better deal? I was looking for the best deal.
No, the best deal doesn't mean the best quality of service. It just states your cheap.
Also, The paypal is total out of here! That information should have NEVER been posted!
Not really, she was proving a point. That you told paypal that you were expecpting 2 gigs when you only ordered 1.
I dont understand how the 30.00 fee was waived if they did not even put in a ticket. What she says is one thing, but what burst has documented is another. If she in fact did put in the ticket, dont you think that it would have been done by now?
It was waived as a courtesy. She probably waived it before she put it in the system.
It may have been done by now but the small fact that you told use you filed a paypal dispute and "was going to go to another provider." Why should they waste their time on someone who left them with no data and just some bad smoke. Now if you had data, I'm sure they would help you EVEN if you were blowing smoke.

And your a fellow web hostee right? Then you are more than sure that not every customer you have will be happy. pirate2

Edit:
Lookie at what i found in one of your offer threads.
OUR RESPONSE TIME: 24 HOUR MAX
We offer fast, friendly, and informative technical support for our customers. We have Technicians on hand 24/7. This guarantees that your tickets will be answered within minutes of submitting it.
Now i'll let you guys ponder :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Thank you for responding to this thread as i feared we had lost you in this matter. The paypal image has been edited as i thought that i had removed all references but this has been corrected.

The $30.00 fee was waived as a courtesy to you as i advised you before. As i stated in the above threads no we will not be reloading this server as long as this dispute is open and active with PayPal.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns please by all means post them here.

That doesn't make sense. I don't know what kind of businessman you are that looks at the cheapest deals available. If $20 more is going to put you bankrupt then you should not even start your business.

Just so that everyone knows, me and the geekrack have settled our problems, Moderators, please close this thread.

We never had any problems with you etc. We feel we handled the situation to the best of our ability. I have spoken to Ryan via in which he did state that he would cancel the dispute and he just wanted to cancel at the end of the billing cycle.

Wowo thats just sad on both parties behalf

GeekRack - your already selling a server "below price" at $49.99, and a client comes whos trying to get everything he needs for his buck, least you can do is just stay top of him and help him out, considering that $49.99 is very cheap for a server.

XPLHost - They are already putting it way below their normal price, least you can do is be patient and wait for a response from GeekRack than jumping to Burst..

And misunderstanding.. hmm i think weighed on a scale, it might actually shift to xplhost..

But either just happy things seem to have worked out fine here .. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back