• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

your fav. html editor

EditPlus for everything (XHTML, CSS, PHP, etc.). I've tried other software, but I always keep coming back to EditPlus. It's small, quick, and simple. Just the way I like it.

http://www.editplus.com/

Zend Studio

I used to use EditPlus, then I spent the big bucks for Zend Studio, for my PHP-heavy coding now.

Has to be dreamweaver for me but I'll check other editors soon when I get a bit more time to spare. :)

Notepad++. Its works right out of the box, you need not configure a thing. Thats what I like about an editor, zero-configuration.

stuffradio said:
Notepad or Wordpad are my favorite editors
Indeed. Wordpad is useful for opening unix text docs.. but there's a nifty command prompt program called "unix2dos" that can convert it for you anyway... I use notepad 99.9% of the time ...0.1% Wordpad.

The only good Dreamweaver thing I can think of is that it finishes html tags in source, but it doesn't always get that right, and also it moves your tags about when making pages with loadsa forms on....grr

On your computer, when you open up index.html. Just go to edit view source and edit the codes. Then save and refresh the page. And you don't even need to be online.

Back