• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yurx.com hacked !

cowboybebop

Hey, Just wondering does anyone know why Yurx.com , they provide free hosting, go hacked ? It really sucks... plus whoever hacked them speaks really bad english :S

That is the reason why you don't screw with people you don't know online. You have no idea what they're capable of.

I, REALLY need to learn ethical hacking, the thought of someone messing with my work makes me want to scream. Im lucky enough to have only had someone do that to me once before

I thought someone on these forums was offering to teach about server security, I would be really interested in learning:)

I bet it's some gimp who just sits at his PC 24/7 and doesn't have a life. Who hasn't seen the light for 2 years.

Hope yurx get back up soon.

Actually, we do know who hacked us. None of our customers sites were effected, the hacker merely took down our vBulletin forums. We will be back online soon :)

Then, I'm sorry to say this but why then hack if you don't delete accounts? - Not that I encourage it
It seems to ppl that they will just put there name out there.

I don't think the hacker is good enough to get into our WHM/cPanel. He most likely found an exploit for the vBulletin forums.

some quick things:
check remote images are disabled, and also check your system and your admins for keyloggers.

I, REALLY need to learn ethical hacking, the thought of someone messing with my work makes me want to scream. Im lucky enough to have only had someone do that to me once before

I thought someone on these forums was offering to teach about server security, I would be really interested in learning:)

I can teach you.

lol. Didn't expect 5 people but sure, I'll try and teach you :p

Silly Blade1941, I are not your pet :p

I gotta think of way how to talk to everyone though =/. We could use IRC or individual IM or something... any ideas?

yeah sure, or you could teach people one at a time, i dont mind waiting, :) thanks for offering :) or you could just get an open chat room like php chat,
IRC is a bit dodgy for me

I could but I like IRC better. DSl isn't great with internet apps like php chat.

How come IRC is dodgy for you?

*edit*

I setup an IRC channel for anyone that wants to join.

Server: irc.bluehell.org
Channel: #flood

Get X-Chat (free)
---------------------------
How to connect:
Open X-Chat. A server list will probably pop-up. Just close it.
Now in Main X-Chat window, type /server irc.bluehell.org

Now join #flood by typing /join #flood.

You can change your user name with /nick name-here

Last edited:
Back