• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

zeeblo free hosting down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExpertWebHost

hi friends,

i noticed that zeeblo is down. probably this is the longest down time they had from past one year(since my membership there).

here is the service uptime mail..

This is an automated message from www.serviceuptime.com to inform
you that your service went down.

Host name : xxxx
Port : 80
Service : http
Result : Failed (Connection timed out)
Time : 25/10/2006 00:49:05 (GMT+05:00)[actually it is IST]

Checks failed from the following monitoring locations:
Dallas, TX, United States (67.19.1.210)
Atlanta, GA, United States (72.232.37.110)

any other client here to share the news?

thanks.

bp.

yes

Yes its down,Theres nothing we can do just use another hosting company if you want. I Dunno ive heard of "zeeblo" but theyre good but downtime sorry we cant help

update :

zeeblo ping results -

Nürnberg, Germany Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
Hong Kong, China Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
Stockholm, Sweden Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
Cologne, Germany Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
Amsterdam3, Netherlands Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
Munchen, Germany Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
Kraków, Poland Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
New York, U.S.A. Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
Amsterdam, Netherlands Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
Paris, France Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
Cagliari, Italy Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
Santa Clara, U.S.A. Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
Austin, U.S.A. Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
Vancouver, Canada Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
Sydney, Australia Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com
London, United Kingdom Unknown host: www.zeeblo.com

hmm.. i know i can move on to a new host(i've all my db & code backups on hdd.)

but it is the first host i started to earn a bit and i think i have sentimental attachment with zeeblo. almost on every forum i participated, i tried promoting zeeblo.

i hope they'll be back soon.

bp.

They're still down. If i were you i would wait a bit longer, hopefully they will come back up. At least you have backups!

They're still down. If i were you i would wait a bit longer, hopefully they will come back up. At least you have backups!

I agree dont jump ship so quick. I am sure that the service you have enjoyed from them is worth some loyalty :)

I know Boomba who runs it I will contact him and ask him the update!

I know he was busy with other projects the last time we chatted.

i heard zeeblo was great and well they should be back. but it would be good to hear from an admin about what's causing it.

From http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=zeeblo.com
A timeout occurred getting the NS records from your nameservers! None of your nameservers responded fast enough. They are probably down or unreachable. I can't continue since your nameservers aren't responding. If you have a Watchguard Firebox, it's due to a bug in their DNS Proxy, which must be disabled (31 Jul 2006 UPDATE: several years after being informed of this, there is a rumor that there is a fix that allows the Watchguard DNS proxy to work).

To solve the problems with DNS you have to apply to the registrar of the hosting directly and find out everything from him.
Zeeblo is still downtime!!!

Sounds to me like their nameservers are down. It could be the end, but i would yet again continue to wait.. at least for a week.

Sounds to me like their nameservers are down. It could be the end, but i would yet again continue to wait.. at least for a week.
A week? Many years ago Tripod *accidentally* deleted thousands of accounts, but I didn't know that at the time. It was then my very popular (at the time) site was put on paid hosting. From what I have seen of most hosting requests, people already have sites they want to move because another site died. If they have established sites, waiting a week is not to be considered, move on - go paid if you must.

I did get my account back at tripod and the bare bones are still hosted there with all links now leading to my domain. Hundreds of people had linked to my site back then, so getting the site back was very important to me. Through search engines and stats, I managed to contact the biggest traffic drivers and they changed their links to my domain. Once I uploaded all my files again to tripod, I ceased chasing up all the others who had linked to me over time.

8 years with tripod and still going strong :wave:

Here is some information, which may be of use to anyone here.

The previous owners of Zeeblo.com, Impulse Communication gave Zeeblo and its assets to current owner for free in may be September, 2006 and i guess the dedicated server zeeblo was untill then using lasted as good as Impulse paid for it, that makes me think, may be September end or early October. And once payment was due for dedicated server, i guess current owner didn't pay for it and didn't have it moved to any other place either. Now, i may be wrong here, because i am only piecing information i have from diff. sources, including Impulse Communications themselves and whois records.

Impulse told me that it was loss to the tune of $400/mth since dedi and managing costs were high. So, Impulse is no longer running it or owns it. Its upto current owner to run it or let it be as it is -- dead.

If I am getting it right, things aren't good. If the owner didn't have backup of all hosted sites and if server has been lost due to unpaid bills or anything similar, then people who don't have backup of their sites, would have most likely lost it.

I still feel evenif managing costs were high, some downsizing could have been done, besides generating revenues. It is sad to see it go this way.

PS:- The above information is based on inputs from various sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back