• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

zeeblo free hosting down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is some information, which may be of use to anyone here.

The previous owners of Zeeblo.com, Impulse Communication gave Zeeblo and its assets to current owner for free in may be September, 2006 and i guess the dedicated server zeeblo was untill then using lasted as good as Impulse paid for it, that makes me think, may be September end or early October. And once payment was due for dedicated server, i guess current owner didn't pay for it and didn't have it moved to any other place either. Now, i may be wrong here, because i am only piecing information i have from diff. sources, including Impulse Communications themselves and whois records.

Impulse told me that it was loss to the tune of $400/mth since dedi and managing costs were high. So, Impulse is no longer running it or owns it. Its upto current owner to run it or let it be as it is -- dead.

If I am getting it right, things aren't good. If the owner didn't have backup of all hosted sites and if server has been lost due to unpaid bills or anything similar, then people who don't have backup of their sites, would have most likely lost it.

I still feel evenif managing costs were high, some downsizing could have been done, besides generating revenues. It is sad to see it go this way.

PS:- The above information is based on inputs from various sources.

Do you think there's any chance of contacting the new owners to save those accounts? I could help if those accounts are still around somewhere.

Doubt it, unless one of the staff backed up the whole server which i hear is big i really doubt it. I Would reccommend if they dont respond/you dont find anything to move to a new host!

Recommend Hosts:
ZoomCities - Zoomcities.com - Apparently one of the best free and total uptime hosts ***** RECCOMEND

Pozter - pozter.info - The guy who owns its very nice and helps alot, it was where 4uhost started until we switched.***** Reccommend

WebSpace0 - webspace0.com - James(Posted above)'s hosting company Reliable free hosting at 0 cost! The only host you will ever need! **** Great!

4uhost - 4uhost.info - My hosting company aimed to stay up no matter what,Reliable,Fast,Easy,Free,AD-FREE. **** Great Ad-Free Hosting

TDDHOST - http://www.tddhost.com/ - New hosting company, i belevie the user TTDHOST Runs it. ***** Reccommend

Valve-Hosting.com - http://www.valve-hosting.com/ - Seems a good hosting company nice site but music slightly on the wierd side.
**** Great!

Hostin-Place - Hostinplace.com - Well its stickyed in the request forum *** Needs to give a little more space but still a great host

Thanks,

Last edited:
Do you think there's any chance of contacting the new owners to save those accounts? I could help if those accounts are still around somewhere.

If the downtime is because of server bill going unpaid, then chances are remote any of the sites could be retreived, because unless moved to other server, that server was costing nearly $200+ or so, if i am correct. And if accounts have not been moved to other server, they are gone, unless the server company did not erase the server contents, which is less likely.

Yes, there is still a way to get backup of your sites, if the remote backup were in place, with Impulse, the ex-owners of Zeeblo, which again is little difficult, since they have more than 400 sites to care about and backup of entire server could have been deleted due to its sheer size.

Regarding contacting new owner, i guess whois records aren't that great when you need email address. Most have it changed or whoisguard protected.

If anyone, i mean Impulse still have backup of atleast Zeeblo forum, surely email address of new owner or your last manager Anthony can be dugg out. :)

Last edited:
I Would reccommend if they dont respond/you dont find anything to move to a new host!

<.....Recommended host list snipped...>

Please try to understand the seriousness of problem. Many would have lost their sites and have no backup, so they are worried and discussing it here. It would be better to keep advertising other hosts for later part, because this entire forum has good ones listed. So, if they need new one, they will automatically find it. Let this thread not be advertising platform for other hosts, some of whom have replied and is against forum values and ethics. So, hosts who don't respect that themselves, are not the ones to go for, evenif they are giving things free. Because, Nothing in this world comes for free. You pay one way or the other. If not in cash, then in other ways.

I would rather call this unfortunate incident as miscalculation on part of Impulse. They gave it to him for running it, but seems it just went dead.

I Understand yes,But this has happend to me 7 times,I'm afraid the odds of getting your files back are very slim unless you find one of the staff and even then its quite slim that they would have backed up the whole server.

I'll say it once more: I Serioulsly doubt they're comming back, you probally wont get your files back. I Would reccommend not waiting months and finding you havent achived anything and you feel like killing yourself because in this time you could have designed a new better site. If you would like a new host please look at the list here: http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?p=785413

Thanks,

you probally wont get your files back.

I am in touch with concerned people and may soon get server backup if everything goes right and members who had sites there will be able to have them back running on my hosting.

And for one more time, i would ask everyone to maintain this thread for update and discussing problems faced with Zeeblo. Please do not create panic. What happened to you earlier may not happen to all.

I am trying my level best just because i had emotional ties with Zeeblo when i was managing it earlier, so let me exhaust my efforts before such suggestions regarding moving to other hosts are passed.

thanks, coolguyz.

actually i just prepared for this...

zeeblogrml3.jpg

but, hopefully zeeblo comes back like a phenix.

bp.

thanks, coolguyz.

actually i just prepared for this...

but, hopefully zeeblo comes back like a phenix.

bp.

It won't be back under name Zeeblo, because the domain is under control of Anthony.

I got new domain for it.

I am waiting for server backup and once i get it, i'll get that moved to my hosting.

It shall take some time but then it will come back.

I'll need few people to help (no its not $ :)) me here so that things get started ASAP.

I'll let everyone know, what help is needed and they can pitch in with their best efforts.

Last edited:
okay, GOOD NEWS!

A remote backup has been located and chances are that you'll get your sites back.

Its being tarred now and then will be uploaded.

Enjoy.

That's great news!

Yes - I am the admin of TDD Host and thanks for adding us on the recommended list. I'd be happy to take around 10 or so old Zeeblo hosted members and put them on our TDDFree2 plan and remove the ads for them, since i thought Zeeblo was a cool host.. PM ME if you want it.

Seems its bad time again.

Place i got hosting for Zeeblo, has refused to let free hosting be on their servers. I haven't trusted other hosts much, so i'll explore options to see how it can be done and where it can be done.

Good part is that hosted site backup is there, its being tarred from a remote server that had zeebl's backups. Just need to find place to have that now.

Seems its bad time again.

Place i got hosting for Zeeblo, has refused to let free hosting be on their servers. I haven't trusted other hosts much, so i'll explore options to see how it can be done and where it can be done.

Good part is that hosted site backup is there, its being tarred from a remote server that had zeebl's backups. Just need to find place to have that now.

Hi

:wave:

Give: http://freewebspace.net/forums/member.php?u=37552 a bell, safe guy & you shouldnt have a problem with the free hosting issue ;).

Thank you coolguyz,

I too am I Zeeblo client with +200 unique visitors a day for GANTdesigns.com and BuufDesigns.com. Not only that, but an active forum.

Keep up the good work, hoping to see some updates about Zeeblo.com.

:beer:

I have a background in web hosting and professional web designing (don't call me a web designer, but I know how to attract future customers by the sleek layouts for the web hosting company + navigation wise). If you need any of my guidance in making a "successful + popular" free web hosting company, I could possibly make that happen for the "new" Zeeblo. Please contact me for further information @ gantdesign[at]gmail[dot]com.

Last edited:
From http://www.forums.co.nr/index.php?showtopic=6977&view=findpost&p=49325 :
Hello, this is Stan from the Zeeblo Staff

I was quoted earlier saying that the datacenter is down, and we are working to get things up again. The entire Zeeblo staff is sorry for this inconveniece, but this issue was beyond our control as it was the fault of the datacenter.

We hope that Zeeblo will be up soon again with a new server B) . All the data shoudl be restored, and back to normal in 1-2 days.

Also most of the staff was unavailable for comment, so if you contacted James, Antony, they might have not responded. If you have questions just PM me here or send an msn at yankees26an[AT]msn[DOT]com

CODE
To prevent spam e-mails, please replace:
[AT] = @
[DOT] = .

or AIM

yankees26an

Thank You for your patience

I guess, then it is better to give them time as one of their staff members has posted there to inform about their presence and efforts. Since they are moving servers, so it shall hopefully be back in a few days.

If they do not come live again, surely remote server backup can be used to get it back though under different domain name. :)

Let me know if my help is needed. I do not want to create confusion here. Let Zeeblo guys come live again, under the domain and records they have. If they do not, then i'll try to help you all by having stuff moved to a hosting where you may continue to run sites or get site files and move elsewhere. But for now, lets believe in their words and work.

Last edited:
OK, I have a zeeblo professional package and just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.

Zeeblo will be back, as before under zeeblo.com in a few days?

Or, is it being transferred and we will be back, but under a different domain name?

Can someone explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back