• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

zeeblo free hosting down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the service uptime mail..

Bagpiper, I would hope that you actually went out to Zeeblo's site to see
if they were online or not before posting your message because it is not
very smart to rely on uptime service notices alone.

The reason I bring this point up is that where I work, we block all uptime
checking services (lots of unnecessary pointless traffic) and anyone who
uses any of those types of services would constantly get messages from
those services telling them that their sites were down when in fact their
sites were actually online and working 100% perfectly!

I am not associated with Zeeblo and I don't know if they do anything
like what we do but it's a good point to bring up and I have seen people
blindly accept uptime messages before without actually going to the site
themselves to see if a site is really down or not.

Now with all of the above said, I do see the follow up messages where
Zeeblo said that they are having data center issues right now so in this
case, they really are down but I thought I'd make the point anyway.

thanks for the suggestion amz.

before posting, i did verify whether zeeblo is actually down or not by accessing their site and using just-ping.com(with 20 check points worldwide).

bp.

Zeeblo will be back, as before under zeeblo.com in a few days?

Or, is it being transferred and we will be back, but under a different domain name?

Can someone explain?

Explain what? I guess it has been discussed over and posted a few times now. No one has official information here. All are speculating!

Whatever information has been provided, is purely on basis of conversations and readings from third party source or site. No one from Zeeblo has officially stated their position here.

Their staff is member here but they haven't posted any thing regarding this problem. I guess two different staff are member here.

See their threads :-
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84212&highlight=Zeeblo
thread started by member "zeeblo"

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82212&highlight=Zeeblo
thread started by member "JamesZeeblo"

If FWS staff can digg out their email, may be that can serve a way to contact them for you guys.

or may be some other information available from these two accounts.

OK, I spoke to Stan (a zeeblo staff member - yankees26an[AT]msn[DOT]com) and he says Zeeblo will be fully restored by the end of the week.
He says they are moving servers.

Well currently I have my domains forwarded to another host. If Zeeblo does come back within this week, then good. If not, back to square one.

thanks for the generous offer TDDhost, for me btz-host already hosted everything.

i think other zeebloans can use the opportunity.

bp.

Same here. If any zeebloans wants hosting you are welcome to get hosted at HostileHosting

Please PM me for your free account.

I myself was a Zeeblo member.

If any of you guys who were on there were forum dwellers, I was monkey` - the one who recently had that spam spoof problem.

I then moved to MeanTech but now all of a sudden they're wiped 90% of their accounts for ToS violations. Imagine that!

Now I'm moving to Cybertoad.

It is really getting to be too much. I don't need to worry about my backups. I have it all on my computer and I really just have to re-upload everything.

It stinks - I was up until 5AM fixing up my site for MeanTech. They won't even say where people were in violation. Whatever. I'm happy with the looks of Cybertoad. They have a forum too and even though it doesn't look too active I think I'll enjoy it there.

coolzweb, is it possible if we can have our back ups from zeeblo?

thanks.

I am not coolzweb, but coolguyz .

I replied to your PM.

I would like to impress upon few things here :-

1) I am neither in staff rolls of Zeeblo nor have any contact with them. I can not provide any answer for questions like when will Zeeblo be back. So, please do not PM/message to know status of Zeeblo.

2) Regarding backups, they are secure and available for entire server. Ex-owner of Zeeblo wasn't a jerk. He had things pretty much covered up. Zeeblo till it was under the ex-owner had regular backups on remote servers and latest one prior to change of ownership is still available on their remote server.

When it comes to serving indiv. account backups, i'll need to talk to them, if they can provide it isolated, rather than providing entire server backup.

I'll post here regarding that if they agree.

3) People who didn't have backups are the ones who have suffered and may this be a reminder to all, it is VERY IMPORTANT to have backups with you always. At times we tend to lax, but then we never know whats going to happen in days to come.

okay, who wants backups now?

Before you request backup of your account, you'll need to understand following :-

Ex-owner of Zeeblo, Impulse had given the hosting co. to current owner in good faith and in hope that it will last long. Unfortunately circumstances have evolved that Zeeblo has not been accessible for weeks now.
Impulse was not the owner of Zeeblo when it shut down or when it became inaccessible.

Under no circumstances, should you direct any request to them or pass blame or defame them for whatever has happened. Consider it as a good luck that the backup of entire Zeeblo which amounts in several Gigabytes, still remains with them as a copy on some remote server, which fortunately missed scheduled prunning by a few days when i contacted them.

I am not from staff rolls of Zeeblo and i do not have anything to do with the downtime or backups. I am just trying to help those who need to get backups of their accounts.

If the backup is not obtained, thats neither my nor Impulse's fault.
If backup is incomplete or corrupt or older, please understand neither of us can help there.

This backup is the last one which ex-owner has from backup of entire server, before it was given to new owner, so it may not be latest. But better than having nothing.

Also, not to forget here is the fact that we are putting in our time and resources, so be respectful and patient.

See this as an optimistic approach, where we can try to get backup, but how that goes further is not guaranteed.

So, when you request a backup, you should be clear with all this and under no circumstances see myself or Impulse as supports for Zeeblo problems or related.

I'll post more information on how to place request for backup, once i have placed a system in place, where not just you but other members from Zeeblo who were hosted there and need backup, can also place request.

I shall need help from a few members of Zeeblo, to help me manage the requests if they grow up large.

PLEASE DO NOT APPROACH THROUGH MESSENGER OR PMs.

Details shall be posted here shortly.

I am a previous Zeeblo user. I would like to have backup of my site. Will wait for your next post about the procedure.

okay, i have finally put in place a system to get all this going.

For all the ex-Zeebloeans who need the backups, please make yourself comfortable at http://www.ilmoz.org

Other Zeebloeans can also join in there and enjoy.

Now that a platform has been put in place to offer assistance to those who need, if you need any help, information or related, please visit there.

With busy schedule and plenty of things to do, it shall be difficult to continue replying here as well as in ILMOZ.org.

I'm currently signing up to get my backup on there.

That way I don't have to search for all the photos I had in my gallery on my harddrive again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back