• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by NukedWeb

1. N

Looking for a logo...

I'm starting a website called PrisonVoices, and I'm looking for a logo for it. I haven't posted on FWS in like, 5 years (took a prison vacation), and I remember back in the old days, people would ask others for graphics, templates, logos, etc for their site in exchange for some kind of...
  2. N

Are free hosts dying?!

Thing is.... Ever since PHP got popular, I've watched those "Free PHP! Free MySQL! Free Everything~!! Woohoo!!" sites pop up like a plague, and I watched each and every one of their domains go up for sale in a month :p Why?! Because they realized they were offering too much for free...oops...
  3. N

HaveSite.com dead?

I just took a look atmy site hosted there and it was inaccessible, and apparently their main site was wiped, and all hosting accounts gone. Anyone else have a site there? Any word on what happened to em?
  4. N

I Need Need Hosting with

I thought I mentioned that? :p okay letsee... how about, 406kb space (no seriously!) and bandwidth doesnt matter cuz the traffic will be evenly distributed around several mirror sites. =) See this's one of those sites that would go best on FreeServers, if they still offered it free :p
  5. N

I Need Need Hosting with

Because I've never had one ;) I checked out hostingposts, but I sorta got distracted looking for a GTA San Andreas forum :p I also noticed you cancel accounts for inactivity -- I was hoping to avoid that simply because I'm going away (to prison) for a couple years and I of course wont be...
  6. N

I Need Need Hosting with

I had no idea I could ask for that much for free.. yeah! I want all of what he's askin for, a free car, $20K and a UK mail-order bride. Deal?? I thought asking to store seven 3kb zip files was too much. :p
  7. N

Are free hosts dying?!

I'm not trying to get up to speed, maybe just to a slow crawl... :p I was oddly entertained reading your Denied Accounts forum. "Denied!! Denied denied DENIED!!! Hmm, Chinese? DENIED!" :D
  8. N

Are free hosts dying?!

That's what I've been doing actually. (PS: *Use* to be a vet! I'm back to newb status) -- I was hoping to find recommendations from users, instead of people plugging their own hosting service, which seems to be the majority here. I can't do the whole posts-for-hosts thing that many of these...
  9. N

Are free hosts dying?!

I was a web guru turned newb' after a 2 year hiatus offline, and coming back, looking for some places to stick a simple site, and all those places I remember having free sites are all paid-only now. Or is it just me?!? I remember when I didn't need any frills, it was FreeServers -- paid only...
  10. N

Free High-Quality PHP Scripts

I made these scripts sometime between 2001 and 2003, but I did updates to MyOwnSearch this morning to fix all the meta engines. I don't do PHP anymore and probably never will again, God willing! Those updates today were the only PHPing I've done in 2 years, insanely stressful! Since I had no...
  11. N

Free High-Quality PHP Scripts

One or two of you might remember from two years ago or more that I had offered some free and purchased PHP scripts on my site, NukedWeb. After my two-year sabbatical from the internet, I decided to come back to (among other reasons) create a simple, small site to give away some of those scripts...
  12. N

Web Designer Needed

I've been subscribed to this thread since almost the beginning. Too lazy to unsubscribe, too curious to stop looking. A thousand freakin' bucks for a web template? I'm in the wrong business. ;) This should be an easy task, since there's already a current site. Copy and paste the content...
  13. N

What do you think is the most over-rated movie/game/whatever?

just once I'd like to read in the Enquirer about how some hot-shot celebrity chick is marrying a nobody office janitor from Queens. Celebrities should never be allowed to marry celebrities.
  14. N

So I have all this unused bandwidth...

They do require *a* database, but not specifically their own. When I started writing scripts for the general public, most of the cheaper webhosts only offered one DB. I just kept the number of tables very low (one or two), and the option to set the table name (to run multiple copies under one...
  15. N

Web Designer Needed

Kathleen M. Correll P M B 397 301 W Platt Street, Suite A Tampa, Florida 33606 :D
Back