• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. N

Looking for a logo...

I'm starting a website called PrisonVoices, and I'm looking for a logo for it. I haven't posted on FWS in like, 5 years (took a prison vacation), and I remember back in the old days, people would ask others for graphics, templates, logos, etc for their site in exchange for some kind of...
  2. N

Are free hosts dying?!

Thing is.... Ever since PHP got popular, I've watched those "Free PHP! Free MySQL! Free Everything~!! Woohoo!!" sites pop up like a plague, and I watched each and every one of their domains go up for sale in a month :p Why?! Because they realized they were offering too much for free...oops...
  3. N

HaveSite.com dead?

I just took a look atmy site hosted there and it was inaccessible, and apparently their main site was wiped, and all hosting accounts gone. Anyone else have a site there? Any word on what happened to em?
  4. N

I Need Need Hosting with

I thought I mentioned that? :p okay letsee... how about, 406kb space (no seriously!) and bandwidth doesnt matter cuz the traffic will be evenly distributed around several mirror sites. =) See this's one of those sites that would go best on FreeServers, if they still offered it free :p
  5. N

I Need Need Hosting with

Because I've never had one ;) I checked out hostingposts, but I sorta got distracted looking for a GTA San Andreas forum :p I also noticed you cancel accounts for inactivity -- I was hoping to avoid that simply because I'm going away (to prison) for a couple years and I of course wont be...
  6. N

I Need Need Hosting with

I had no idea I could ask for that much for free.. yeah! I want all of what he's askin for, a free car, $20K and a UK mail-order bride. Deal?? I thought asking to store seven 3kb zip files was too much. :p
  7. N

Are free hosts dying?!

I'm not trying to get up to speed, maybe just to a slow crawl... :p I was oddly entertained reading your Denied Accounts forum. "Denied!! Denied denied DENIED!!! Hmm, Chinese? DENIED!" :D
  8. N

Are free hosts dying?!

That's what I've been doing actually. (PS: *Use* to be a vet! I'm back to newb status) -- I was hoping to find recommendations from users, instead of people plugging their own hosting service, which seems to be the majority here. I can't do the whole posts-for-hosts thing that many of these...
  9. N

Are free hosts dying?!

I was a web guru turned newb' after a 2 year hiatus offline, and coming back, looking for some places to stick a simple site, and all those places I remember having free sites are all paid-only now. Or is it just me?!? I remember when I didn't need any frills, it was FreeServers -- paid only...
  10. N

Free High-Quality PHP Scripts

I made these scripts sometime between 2001 and 2003, but I did updates to MyOwnSearch this morning to fix all the meta engines. I don't do PHP anymore and probably never will again, God willing! Those updates today were the only PHPing I've done in 2 years, insanely stressful! Since I had no...
  11. N

Free High-Quality PHP Scripts

One or two of you might remember from two years ago or more that I had offered some free and purchased PHP scripts on my site, NukedWeb. After my two-year sabbatical from the internet, I decided to come back to (among other reasons) create a simple, small site to give away some of those scripts...
  12. N

Web Designer Needed

I've been subscribed to this thread since almost the beginning. Too lazy to unsubscribe, too curious to stop looking. A thousand freakin' bucks for a web template? I'm in the wrong business. ;) This should be an easy task, since there's already a current site. Copy and paste the content...
  13. N

What do you think is the most over-rated movie/game/whatever?

just once I'd like to read in the Enquirer about how some hot-shot celebrity chick is marrying a nobody office janitor from Queens. Celebrities should never be allowed to marry celebrities.
  14. N

So I have all this unused bandwidth...

They do require *a* database, but not specifically their own. When I started writing scripts for the general public, most of the cheaper webhosts only offered one DB. I just kept the number of tables very low (one or two), and the option to set the table name (to run multiple copies under one...
  15. N

Web Designer Needed

Kathleen M. Correll P M B 397 301 W Platt Street, Suite A Tampa, Florida 33606 :D
  16. N

What do you think is the most over-rated movie/game/whatever?

Hmm... Over-rated: Person, place or thing having large success and popularity for little or no valid moral reason. 1) Life 2) The internet 3) BMWs, Jaguars, Lexus's, any foreign luxury car 4) bendy straws 5) Brainwashing japanese cartoons >ahem< Pokemon >cough< 6) George Clooney 7)...
  17. N

My computer is a box of shit

awww, who asked you huh??!! :D (kidding!) For the life of me I can't imagine why anyone would ;) The little bit I saw of it, it looked just like 98. Only thing different was the load-up screen ;) For me, ME did nothing but crash... And for a person to go from running a web/ftp/email/dns...
  18. N

My computer is a box of shit

I didn't mean you specifically, I just meant in-general. Apparently I was the named the neighborhood's computer geek, and so anytime anyone has a problem, they come to me. They like to drop their own suggestions first, which is usually "should I defrag it?" (Why didn't you try that before coming...
  19. N

So I have all this unused bandwidth...

There's a few things onc could install that would need it's own database. A forum for example. =) I'm sure there's other scripts out there that write several tables like forums do, but not many. =) Common misconception: New PHPers think tables and databases are the same thing...
  20. N

Domain suggestions?

Hmm! What browser did ya use? Opera spits out a messagebox, IE tries MSN's autosearch but never displays anything. :p
Back