• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by Eclipse

1. E

includes in php

I've learned that the win 32 version of php doesn't support the standard include() funktion. I finally manage to solve it this way: <? require("c:\Customers\WEB\Olai\www\admin\menu.php"); ?> Then I can just ask either what OS the server runs or what IP the server uses to have the same...
  2. E

includes in php

Thank you for the thinking! :-) Unfortunatley it didn't help me this time. I'm running win-98 + pws + mysql + php. As far as I can tell, it's impossible to include files with that setup! I find it a bit strange that php doesn't support server-side includes, ssi.
  3. E

Making Newest News Appear on Top With PHP/MySQL...

He... it doesn't stad for "opposite". DESC = Descending, ASC = Ascending. Please correct my spelling in case it's wrong, but 'DESC' and 'ASC' are the ones to use.
  4. E

i need help setting up perl and mysql...

I can't speak for apache but i installed the software on my pws / w-98. go to http://www.mysql.com download and install, go to http://www.php.net download and install. Then you'll need a tool editing ou mySQL databases, look for phpMyAdmin. Try http://www.phpwebdev.com with isn't working for...
  5. E

Top 10 Script

157 MB!? That's a HEAVY drop down menu! :-) Apparentley your script was working. Can't you just modify it a bit? I bet there's just something little missing... --- If you just want to make a loop you can use another language for that. Maybe that's better!?
  6. E

PHP Script needed

You're talking about listing events dependig on their dates. This is a quite common way of showing information meaning listing posts in a certain order. In SQL, wich can be used with either php or asp, it would look like this: "SELECT * FROM [events] WHERE [x_date] <= #" & date() & "#;"...
  7. E

ASP Mail Help

So you can't send mail using Jmail, what exactley is your problem? Have you tried to send a mail at all? Do you know how to deal with info using the request("xxxx") method...?? (The xxxx represents the name of your fields.)
  8. E

includes in php

1. Why deson't SSI work with php? 2. What's wrong with: include('/admin/test.php'); [Edited by Eclipse on 03-20-2001 at 07:44 AM]
  9. E

Mysql Help!!!

look for a free html tool named phpMyAdmin - awsome!!
  10. E

PHP vs ASP

Make your choice based upon 1. How much help you can recive from friends and forums like this one. 2. Income. If you want a job and they prefer one, then stick to that one! When you have made your choice, stick to it for at least a year or two. Even thought your aim is to teach yourself...
  11. E

Datablocks - down again?

OK, you're right. My appology. [Edited by Eclipse on 02-05-2001 at 07:31 AM]
  12. E

Datablocks - down again?

Datablocks support Hi! I registered a site this past Friday but have yet recived an e-mail. I cannot log-in with the user / pw I got accepted. But I did recive spammail from one of your sponsors! I think the sponsor thing was a nasty thing, since you din't say what it was. Also, I'm...
  13. E

DigitalRice.com

Yes... agree. What's the deal!? Does this affect just THEIR startpage or all pages!? If it's just their page then it's not a big deal, but if the entire comunity is affected... then I don't know....
  14. E

DigitalRice.com

Thanks alot for the link. Datablocks seemed okej. they don't support asp... but tht's fine. digitalrice is all screwed! today i got nothing but 404 messages! I tried to mail them and they're terrible slow in answering. Being a host i expect an answer within 24 hrs. I kown i live in sweden and...
  15. E

dedicateservice.com

Depends on the site I guess. Netscape 3 3 ( 0.04%) Windows (PC) 6447 ( 91.75%) Netscape 4 756 ( 10.76%) Mac 442 ( 6.29%) MSIE 3 9 ( 0.13%) Unix 48 ( 0.68%) MSIE 4 1616 ( 23.00%) Other OS 90 (...
Back