• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. foo2thabar

Check out these OpenBSD VPSes

http://openbsd.amsterdam The host os is OpenBSD and each vm is spun up using the native hypervisor. Anyone had a chance to check them out? They're quite cheap, so they're not managed. I'm curious how the performance stacks up against the likes of RootBSD and RamNode. EUR60 a year ... with...
  2. foo2thabar

OpenBSD VPSes

I came across the announcement for these a couple days ago. It's using OpenBSD as a host OS with child VMs running OpenBSD. So It's like a practical test of OpenBSD's native hypervisor in a production environment. http://openbsd.amsterdam "We're running dedicated vmd(8) servers to host...
  3. foo2thabar

FreeBSD

Finally got FreeBSD set up on all my shit. Following 11-STABLE. I was using Arch Linux on my desktop for years. Now it's running FreeBSD. Good nVidia support. Thinkpad X240 for my laptop. I was using OpenBSD for years on that, because OpenBSD has phenomenal hardware support when it comes to...
  4. foo2thabar

Hey I'm sober now

Some of the old heads probably remember me posting when I was fucked up when I was younger. "Oh, Ben's drunk again" and whatnot. Well I ended up spending the last 5ish years as an off-on heroin addict. Shit sucked being a junkie. I went to rehab and then a halfway house. I'm clean and sober...
  5. foo2thabar

6sync

Anyone have experience with these guys?
  6. foo2thabar

Oakland, CA General Strike ... November 2nd

There's a call for a general strike in Oakland, CA on November 2nd. All workers are asked to walk out of work or call in sick November 2nd. Mayor Quan announced municipal employees (save police) will not be reprimanded for acting. This is interesting. I wonder if it will actually happen. Anyone...
  7. foo2thabar

Need some help

My wisdom teeth are impacted and at a 45-degree angle. My jaw was so swollen this morning I could barely open my mouth to take some Aleve. I could barely stand to eat all day. I took some oxycodone about 30 minutes ago and feel amazing, but I only have two more. Does anyone know any way to...
  8. foo2thabar

slang for 'police are around here'

Post your area's slang for when police are around. Most people here say 'twelve'. I've started saying 'ghetto dog in the flower bed' when I'm drunk. Origins: Adam-12 And have you ever seen a ghetto dog in a flower bed? It rolls through and f-cks sh-t up.
  9. foo2thabar

Weed genome sequenced

http://blogs.nature.com/news/2011/08/weed_sequenced_no_really_weed.html
  10. foo2thabar

I hate yuppies

This dude came into where I work today, around age 30, ordered XYZ. I give him his food after it cooks. He looks at it and says "What the hell is this?", so I tell him "Your food." I can be a smart --- sometimes. He goes nuts. I mean NUTS. "I ordered ABC not XYZ, what the ----?!". I say "No you...
  11. foo2thabar

So I snapped awake at 5AM

And found my bedside lamp and overhead light on in my room. Needless to say I was freaked out because I never leave them on, even if I'm watching TV, much less lying down to go to sleep. Asked my parents and apparently I used to sleep walk as a little kid (4-5yo). I guess it came back?
  12. foo2thabar

Rudy, the mystery dog

Around 6 years ago my mom adopted a young dog (about 1yro) from a Rat Terrier rescue. She has another pure rat terrier she got several years back, but she could tell this one wasn't a pure rat terrier. After years of guessing we figured one of his parents was half pit bull (APBT, not American...
  13. foo2thabar

bastards

http://aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2011/06/201162114131825860.html
  14. foo2thabar

What the ----, Seagate?!

I mean, really!! You don't need 107 ----ing gigabytes for the filesystem!!!! I paid for a terabyte and all I got was a lousy 917 gigabytes. And I'm still trying to track down why my system is only recognizing 3.19GB of RAM out of the 4 I installed. Yeah, I'm running 64bit.
  15. foo2thabar

Linux Kernel 2.6.39.1?

Anybody else notice how much faster this is than 2.6.38.x? Compile time for the new firefox dropped significantly, bitcoin mining is running about 10% faster than before ...
  16. foo2thabar

So I got a haircut today

"You look like a mountain man!!" is the first thing out of her mouth when she sees me. "Don't wait this long again." I can't wait until No-Shave November. I'm going to time it so I have the whole jesus getup. [edit] I just realized I can't do the Jesus getup, because I'm going to do a greaser...
  17. foo2thabar

Don't buy Homefront

Seriously The story is cool, the graphics are great, but the AI is absolutely retarded. On both sides. Meaning, on several occasions I rounded a corner after my team-mates and there was no firing, so I suspected no enemies. Lo and behold, they're standing right next to eachother not doing...
  18. foo2thabar

Osama Bin Laden Killed

Can you repeal the patriot act now? How about get rid of the TSA? Stop fighting this stupid 'war'? Please? No? Damn.
  19. foo2thabar

Hey Canadians

Your dollar is kicking our dollar's --- again. Deja Vu?
  20. foo2thabar

Earthlings

Go out and find this movie
Back