• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. E

includes in php

I've learned that the win 32 version of php doesn't support the standard include() funktion. I finally manage to solve it this way: <? require("c:\Customers\WEB\Olai\www\admin\menu.php"); ?> Then I can just ask either what OS the server runs or what IP the server uses to have the same...
  2. E

includes in php

Thank you for the thinking! :-) Unfortunatley it didn't help me this time. I'm running win-98 + pws + mysql + php. As far as I can tell, it's impossible to include files with that setup! I find it a bit strange that php doesn't support server-side includes, ssi.
  3. E

Making Newest News Appear on Top With PHP/MySQL...

He... it doesn't stad for "opposite". DESC = Descending, ASC = Ascending. Please correct my spelling in case it's wrong, but 'DESC' and 'ASC' are the ones to use.
  4. E

i need help setting up perl and mysql...

I can't speak for apache but i installed the software on my pws / w-98. go to http://www.mysql.com download and install, go to http://www.php.net download and install. Then you'll need a tool editing ou mySQL databases, look for phpMyAdmin. Try http://www.phpwebdev.com with isn't working for...
  5. E

Top 10 Script

157 MB!? That's a HEAVY drop down menu! :-) Apparentley your script was working. Can't you just modify it a bit? I bet there's just something little missing... --- If you just want to make a loop you can use another language for that. Maybe that's better!?
  6. E

PHP Script needed

You're talking about listing events dependig on their dates. This is a quite common way of showing information meaning listing posts in a certain order. In SQL, wich can be used with either php or asp, it would look like this: "SELECT * FROM [events] WHERE [x_date] <= #" & date() & "#;"...
  7. E

ASP Mail Help

So you can't send mail using Jmail, what exactley is your problem? Have you tried to send a mail at all? Do you know how to deal with info using the request("xxxx") method...?? (The xxxx represents the name of your fields.)
  8. E

includes in php

1. Why deson't SSI work with php? 2. What's wrong with: include('/admin/test.php'); [Edited by Eclipse on 03-20-2001 at 07:44 AM]
  9. E

Mysql Help!!!

look for a free html tool named phpMyAdmin - awsome!!
  10. E

PHP vs ASP

Make your choice based upon 1. How much help you can recive from friends and forums like this one. 2. Income. If you want a job and they prefer one, then stick to that one! When you have made your choice, stick to it for at least a year or two. Even thought your aim is to teach yourself...
  11. E

Datablocks - down again?

OK, you're right. My appology. [Edited by Eclipse on 02-05-2001 at 07:31 AM]
  12. E

Datablocks - down again?

Datablocks support Hi! I registered a site this past Friday but have yet recived an e-mail. I cannot log-in with the user / pw I got accepted. But I did recive spammail from one of your sponsors! I think the sponsor thing was a nasty thing, since you din't say what it was. Also, I'm...
  13. E

DigitalRice.com

Yes... agree. What's the deal!? Does this affect just THEIR startpage or all pages!? If it's just their page then it's not a big deal, but if the entire comunity is affected... then I don't know....
  14. E

DigitalRice.com

Thanks alot for the link. Datablocks seemed okej. they don't support asp... but tht's fine. digitalrice is all screwed! today i got nothing but 404 messages! I tried to mail them and they're terrible slow in answering. Being a host i expect an answer within 24 hrs. I kown i live in sweden and...
  15. E

dedicateservice.com

Depends on the site I guess. Netscape 3 3 ( 0.04%) Windows (PC) 6447 ( 91.75%) Netscape 4 756 ( 10.76%) Mac 442 ( 6.29%) MSIE 3 9 ( 0.13%) Unix 48 ( 0.68%) MSIE 4 1616 ( 23.00%) Other OS 90 (...
  16. E

membership

Chillout Chicken! The guy just wants to be banned! :-) Rules are made to break but I still think nettiquette is important. That was a lame post you did, chicken. Simply remove the guy and no harm would be done! :-) Thanx for moving the thread btw. Maybe you'll ban me for keeping the thread...
  17. E

membership

Hmm... never thought of that... But they can't be that young!? Not all of them! (Please!) Keep posting to forums like this is really time consunubg, It takes forever! Maybe I write to long posts...
  18. E

membership

Your first post and I think it's quite funny! Why aren't any admins here posting!? Do they all live on the westcoast...? America must be awake by now... (15:50 CET)
  19. E

membership

That will never happen, trust me! Peolple just don't "get banned" for no obvious reason... I don't know why they have all these rules, I guess there is a point, someone might sue them(?) The main rule over all is nettiquette and if this forum were run by me i wouldn't ban you. I think it's...
  20. E

membership

Don't be too sure! Both you and I, LeX, think this topic is quite entertaining! ;-)
Back