• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. J

installing GD for PHP on a win32 computer

What u do is you go to your PHP directory, for example C:\PHP\ and go to the extentions directory which usually is C:\PHP\extentions\ and find the file named php_gd2.dll once found open your PHP.ini file which should be in your System root which is most probably C:\WINDOWS\ depending on what...
  2. J

250mb space/4GB transfer/cPanel - 2w.ca

Where did you purchase or who did you get to design your site, it looks very impressive.
  3. J

Computer Cooling on a budget

My computer has a Athlon XP 2400+ chip in it with the heat sink that came with the CPU attached to it. Accurding to Easy Tune my CPU averages between 60 and 70 degrees C. It rarely gets right up to 70, Ie occasionally when I am playing games. Should I purchase another heat sink?
  4. J

Networking Using XP

I managed to get my network working and I can copy files two and from each computer, the only problem is that when Zone Alarm is on I can't access the computer on the network. How can I set Zone Alarm to leave local network access alone and only do its stuff on Internet connections?
  5. J

Networking Using XP

C drives not being shared. One was, but I removed the sharing priledges. I can ping one computer, but that other computer can't ping the other computer, IE computer A can ping Computer B but Computer B can't ping computer A.
  6. J

Networking Using XP

I'm just networking two computers together using a cross over cable and two normal 10/100 network cards. One is a PCI one and the other is on-board. Both computers have WinXP Professional.
  7. J

Networking Using XP

I have followed XP's network setup wizard, which was fine and it came up and listed the other computer on the network. When I tryed to view the data on that computer, it says, you are not authorised to view it. This has happened, when I try to get into my work group as well, what could I be...
  8. J

On-Board USB

I have a Gigabyte mainboard with 6 USB ports, IE 4 at the back, two at the front of the case. One time when I was attempting to reinstall XP they just stopped working, so I got into the BIOS of the system to check to see whether it was enabled, and they were. In windows the USB Controllers...
  9. J

Cases

Do I have to worry about the mainboard being compatable with it, Ie I am thinking of purchasing a GA-7N400-L1 mainboard, do I have to worry about the case being compatable with it?
  10. J

Visual studio.net cause logon problem

Does that only work with XP Home Edition?
  11. J

Computer Purchasing Help

Whats the advantage of having 2 sticks of RAM?
  12. J

Computer Purchasing Help

Daniel, the prices for the Processor and the mainboard are listed below AMD 2500+ $155 (+$12) Mainboard I could not find, but a ABIT, KT74A RAID is $196 512M DDR PC2700 333Mhz Kingston $150 (only $2 more expensive)
  13. J

Computer Purchasing Help

The only problem is that my budget is $600 total max in Australian dollars. With the components below adding up to $416.
  14. J

Computer Purchasing Help

This is the quote of the components that I had a quote of to purchase the components. There are a few things not included like cases and a hard drive which I will purchase from another company. Would the main board be compatable with the processor and other components? Processor: AMD...
  15. J

Bloody Annoying ICQ

I meant, that MSN is getting to be just as much bloated as ICQ is.
  16. J

Bloody Annoying ICQ

Yes, thank you. The only problem is that MSN Messenger is getting to be like ICQ.
  17. J

Bloody Annoying ICQ

Whenever I connect to the Internet and I am on a dial up connection, bloody ICQ loads. This is starting to annoy the hell out of me, because I do not use the program and if I had my say, it wouldn't even be installed on my box. It is a bloated annoying piece of software. My rant finishes...
  18. J

Windows Updates

The only fast sort of speed connection is with Telstra on their Cable network which is where they run their Pay TV from. Sadly I don't live in a coverage area, and probably only 1% of Australia's population lives within the area. Other then that, if you are lucky enough to live in Canberra you...
  19. J

Windows Updates

Actually broadband here is getting cheaper, you can get unlimited downloads for about $A66 which approxmently is about $US132 a month. Thats 256/64 ADSL broadband. But because I live in the "country" I have to pay about $20 more.
  20. J

Windows Updates

Windows Xp Professional
Back