• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

4gigs blows!!!

SilverX

b&
b&
I just got a message from robert at 4gigs and he told me that i am using excessive bandwidth, I asked how much and he said almost a GB. Can you believe this crap? Angelfire gives you that much. My recommendation is that 4gigs is crap, they
say that they give you as much bandwitdh as you need, as long as it is not excessive. A GB is not excessive!!!!!!!!!

well, a gigabyte in what amount of time?
and for what? just images and html?
or for other files and such?

In one month, all that i have on their servers is html code, and a few graphics, top banner, splash, the basics...

well that is lame.
1gb isn't that much.
I myself never thought I'd get close to that, but for a while I had a couple dozen online zines in .txt format and my bandwidth usage shot way up, just from peopel downloading the zines. got close to 100mb in about 2 days :(

I remember I've seen people ask about the bw limit at their forum without getting a proper answer... Too bad.

:jump:
They seem so nice. Sad that they handle the transfer issue that way. Better say 1 GIG or 500 MB ot whatever. Would still be a good deal

I know, they do that to trick you, unmetered bandwidth until it is excessive, that's crap, they should just be honest and say 1 gb bandwidth for free users, their paid hosting is one of the biggest ripoffs i have ever seen...

Back