• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A New free host, poor speeds and downtime is an issue, but a new host

ningaming

A New free host, fair speeds

A long time ago i was hosted by a network called TZN. He went down for about 3 months with problems with money, but he has returned. You can find his service at http://zacknetwork.cjb.net/

I do have an account with him, but the speeds are **update** "fair". His hosting is very new, and he has been down a few times **update** no downtime since about Aug 2nd. He dosn't ask for you to put any banners, he just wants to host. If you have a huge site and are worried about speed and uptime, look away. But if you are a new site, and you just want some banner free unmetered hosting, you may want to check it out.

If you do signup, tell em Jason sent ya :) He says I dont ever advertise for him. heh

http://zacknetwork.cjb.net/ good for new sites, poor speed and occasional down time

Last edited:
He can't even afford a domain?

<<<EDIT>>>
Ahh, that makes sense, he runs it off his home computer...

hate to break this to you but 50% of paid hosts and free hosts run it off there home networks, why should zacknetwork be any different.

maybe

could be, maybe its not...who knows, heck, it may be a good backup, but I wouldn't trust it with my Site heh. Again, I figured I should post it, because its a free host, and I figured someone would care........

well, we definitely know to stay away, especially because of the "cjb.net" ;)

He uses dns2go, he must have dsl, cable or even dial-up.
downtime is probably when he shuts his computer down by accident :p

Heh.. it's pretty fast for me right now, but so was BadPenguin before they got a load of users. Just wait and they will probably slow down before too long.

Not bad.. but..

I've seen better. What they say about them getting more users is true. ITs gonna get slow like the rest of them. I havent seen too many with lots of users actually be fast and reliable with a decent service. The one that comes closest is probably www.FreeWebz.com, no ads, never seen it slow, and they have a LOT of users.

from what i I understand, he has some sort of T1 connection....you can check his updates for more.

The server its self (and I agree its prob. his computer) is pretty good. he is using windows hosting (obviously) and he has apache installed....

he had a lot of trouble starting out, but for the past 2 weeks things have been pretty stable. he was nailed with the Code Red Virus (heck it was like his opening day or soemthing) so that was a major problem.

hey, whatever happened to clawz.com? they still providing their jacked up service?

more info

he does run on a T1 line
His server is located at home, but its not his computer he uses,

I gave him this addy, so he can explain to u all more

He's on cable, not a T1. He even said himself he's using RoadRunner, and they only provide cable services.

OK let me explain to you skeptics out there

Hey all you skeptics out there!

OK. Let me clear something up about the T1 Line. I am not using a full T1 line. The line I am using is a fractional T1 line which is a fraction of T1 speed. I cannot afford a full-blown T1 line at this time.

Pings may be high because we may have a high user load at the time, the ping will lower eventually, but speeds on the site aren't slow and that's all that matters.

Yes I said I was using road runner business class when we started up but we have a fractional T1 from our phone company and it has been running pretty well.

Now, I absolutely agree with you that the DNS2Go name is lame. And yes, I do have a STATIC ip, but i decided to get a dynamic dns so ppl wouldn't have to type in the IP all the time when they had to access the server. This DNS is only temporary, I am looking for good deals on domains and I am positive I will be using a domain name at the end of this month.

We are a new hosting service yes, and I know ppl will be skeptical, but we are working very hard to become the best and get up there. If we get more users than we can handle, we will handle it by buying more bandwidth or upgrading our server.

But, thanks to Jason for advertising and I hope I cleared up some loose ends.

Back