• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

addicted.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
OK, but someone like me who rarely helps anyone still comes here...I don't know why.:confused:
how much do you come here?
1)you live here = no life what so ever
2)you like the community here = friendly
3)FWS.net helps you with your webdisgning skills = helpful

I guess a combination of 2 and 3. Mostly 3, but because of two, I only come here for 3 instead of other places. If that makes sense?:confused2

Blank came here, like the rest of us, to be helped. Some members get their help and leave only to return when help is once again needed. Other members like Blank, and Sage and others realize that after being helped, there is other stuff to do too.

In my case I came here seeking help, and knowing next to nothing about free web hosting, design, or any of that other stuff. I didn't know WTF php mysql cgi and perl were, and I was certainly in no position to help others. I didnt frequent the boards much after I joined, but mysteriously enough everytime i visited I learned something, or was able to participate in a discussion. Just by watching I learned, and now I am able to give advice, both good and bad, and bullshit with the best of them. Once the "General" forum caught on I started to spend more time around these parts. I probably should earn my keep by dropping more useful comments around, but there seems to be enough other people doing that :D.

Actually, that's a fairly accurate description of myself too...I guess it's good to give back. People help me, I try to help others...although "try" is the operative word i guess.

Originally posted by Gayowulf
Blank came here, like the rest of us, to be helped.
That isn't true for me. I joined these forums to answer questions--not to be helped.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Freaks! Freaks! :nervous:
I'm here so much because I read slow. OK? :biggrin2:

yeah, i came here to be helped about hosting stuff, and i relized that it was a cool place, and started hanging around, i learn stuff when i come here, and *try* to help people. :D

I came here just under three years ago looking for webspace for my fantasy wrestling league I was running. I found the message board and just creeped around absorbing all the information I possibly could, eventually instead of learning from other people I started helping them. Since then Peo just hasn't been able to get rid of me :D.

Now that I think about it, if it wasn't for this place I wouldn't have learned PHP/CGI/SSI or went on to become the excellent web designer that I am :biggrin2:. Thanks Peo :) !

A lot of the times I come here is because I'm on dial up and it takes me a long time to donwload MP3s and stuff, so I need time to kill.

It took me a while to "find" this forum... ;) in the beginning, I only hung out in the free webspace section looking for mah dream host and the domain registration forum seeking any possible free domain names. I think I posted once in a while in the webdesign/html section too.

It was here that I first heard of PHP and MySQL, and then it took me a pretty long time to figure out that they don't always have to go together, that MySQL isn't for PHP only. I also found those cheap registrars here..... yes, this community has helped me a lot. Thanks to everybody who helped me.

I learned soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many things from these forums....

I remember when I first started to learn about computer(I think it was a year ago)..I didn't even know how to save a file...I didn't know what the hell in the world is HTML..wow..now as I look back....I've come a long way.....:) Although I know I still got many more things to learn to catch up with all of your 'pros' here...but I know I can eventually get it..

Thank you for all of your helps over the last 3 month. You guys totally ROCK!!!! :) :) :)

I remember my very very first site was built with the templates from Word 97...I thought at the time it was such a nice site...oh how wrong I was, it was so brutal. I had it hosted on Xoom, and I actually liked it...that was a while ago.

Ha...I remember the first website I bulit...it was all pink and I made all of m grapics using Paint(the one that came with window 98)!!I actually thought it looked good...:p

I never used web templates. My first webpage was pretty pathetic, but atleast I used html. I made that about a year ago, a month or so after I finally got internet service. I have improved a lot since then...

Now this is just hard to believe though. I've already had the internet for over a year now. :eek:

Yeah, my first html page was pretty bad too...you would not believe how long it took me to figure out how to make frames...

My first page didn't have any graphics, I just used large Wingdings in lieu of images. Not much to look at, but it loaded very fast. :D The color scheme, hmm... if I remember right, it wasn't all that bad. White background, black text, the header, footer, and side bar were a light, pastel pink, and the background behind the header and footer "image" was a light blue. Down right tasteful for a first try, if I do say. :) I coded it my hand, I've never used a WYSIWYG editor (extensively, at least). That was, oh, six-seven years ago.

I wonder if I still have a copy of it somewhere...

Originally posted by Blank Verse
Yeah, my first html page was pretty bad too...you would not believe how long it took me to figure out how to make frames...

Frames?! I didn't even know there's something called 'frame'!

My first site was very bad... it had a background cloud image that did this awful tiling, and it didn't match up. The buttons were very large and were made in paint. Now I thought that was good...

Well at least I had a site, now I really don't have one.

Back