• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cgi or php?

crj

i dont know if i should put this here or in the cgi/php/asl board, but which is more efficient for a forum?

a cgi one or a php one?

i know that ikonboard can use mysql to make it more efficient, but its still uses cgi... would it be better to go with a php forum like phpbb2?

Originally posted by The Red Guy
I'd rather buy vB as its better. I think ppl use UBB cos they think its good as its expensive.
I've got an idea. Create a board, give many websites incentive to transfer over to your board, free copy, commission for every sale sold from their site. Sell the board for $250, and make sure the template looks ultra nice. Give it a kickarse name. And I'm pretty sure many people will buy your board because it costs more.

ok, first in the long run, UBB is cheaper, and UBB is now known as a PHP forum, it runs on PHP now, they changed!

Originally posted by zDySaNz
ok, first in the long run, UBB is cheaper, and UBB is now known as a PHP forum, it runs on PHP now, they changed!
Errr.. no.

vBulletin:
Owned License (including 1 year access to members area): $160
Renew Access To Members Area: $30

UBB:
Owned License (including 1 year access to members area): $199
Renew Access To Members Area: $99

UBBThreads:
Owned License (including 1 year access to members area): $229
Renew Access To Members Area: $125

Originally posted by zDySaNz
UBB is very much expensive than vB. Actually, vb's better. For those who want to buy a bb, buy vb instead.

Back