• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Crissic VPS Experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can however vouch for Crissics services when my partner signed up for the basic hosting, I will go over the main features I liked.

Out of five it scored the following.

Speed - Say 4 out of 5, speedy and not laggy atall main feature of the service
Support - 4/5 Most tickets answered within 1-2 hours Great if you ask me!
Overall Services - 4/5 Everything i could ask for, minus a small glitch due to my behalf.

Proffesionaly handled by Skylar and his staff at the time, so theres no issues about age.

Seriously if you never knew his age, would you know he was a minor?

Rsmiley,

I would watch what you are saying, with no proof to back that statement up you stand yourself liable to a legal battle with Crissic due to public damages.

Lol, are you serious? That isn't going to scare anybody. Crissic would have to sue for negligence under tort to get damages in terms of possible lost revenue from the comment and PROVE that they have lost revenue from the comment. On top of that any lawyers fees would be sure to amount to greater than the amount rewarded.

But if you insist on going on this boat, by the same accord you can just easily be sued for harassment or intimidation because for all you know the person that made that post is actually afraid and you are causing him undue stress and therefore causing him to perform poorly at his job which he can then get back as damages and maybe even some punitive damages.

My point is really that people need to understand what they are talking about before speaking and that goes for the person that made the post about crissic going down.

Difference in ages makes a HUGE difference!

14 - School and Studies = Less time
40 - MAY work or may be working full time for the company

Yes, read the last 12 months of posts from here and WHT.
I dont think age matters though, but just wanted to answer yes, I can tell.

EDIT, ---- I hate WHT, read all that troll ---- in the thread lol.
Sometimes I login just to bag all the trolls lol..

Last edited:
Hey,

How come you have two different stories about the helpdesk?

FWS:

Our live SUPPORT has been offline,yes but our ticket system is always 24/7. LiveSupport is not covered under our 24/7 support policy. (Posted Yesterday)

WHT:

Our live response has been offline, as well as ticket response times have been delayed slightly due to a MySQL issues; which we are still working on; and plan to have resolved earlier this afternoon. (Posted Yesterday)

my.crissic.com doesn't load at my end.

The answers are not two totally different responses; WHT just got the better explanation. Jason, can I ask how does any of this affect you? You are not, and have never been a customer.

my.crissic.com should be fine now; with the MySQL issues, we had to temporarily move all data to another server in our DNS cluster, rebuild the VPS it was on, and move data back. It should all be back to normal. Thus why some of you had seen the SUCCESS! Apache, Is working! page. Please clear your cookies and cache.

If that still doesn't work, please allow up to 48 hours. If you need support, you can always send an email to support@crissic.com where we can assist you further.

Difference in ages makes a HUGE difference!

14 - School and Studies = Less time
40 - MAY work or may be working full time for the company
mmhmm...

You forgot
Skylar (16) - Online School; plenty of time for Crissic

I believe Crissic is slowly dying?
Please; you are just mad because I fired you.

I can however vouch for Crissics services when my partner signed up for the basic hosting, I will go over the main features I liked.

Out of five it scored the following.

Speed - Say 4 out of 5, speedy and not laggy atall main feature of the service
Support - 4/5 Most tickets answered within 1-2 hours Great if you ask me!
Overall Services - 4/5 Everything i could ask for, minus a small glitch due to my behalf.

Proffesionaly handled by Skylar and his staff at the time, so theres no issues about age.

Thank you Jordan for your feedback :) It is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
The answers are not two totally different responses; WHT just got the better explanation. Jason, can I ask how does any of this affect you? You are not, and have never been a customer.

my.crissic.com should be fine now; with the MySQL issues, we had to temporarily move all data to another server in our DNS cluster, rebuild the VPS it was on, and move data back. It should all be back to normal. Thus why some of you had seen the SUCCESS! Apache, Is working! page. Please clear your cookies and cache.

If that still doesn't work, please allow up to 48 hours. If you need support, you can always send an email to support@crissic.com where we can assist you further.

mmhmm...

You forgot
Skylar (16) - Online School; plenty of time for Crissic

Please; you are just mad because I fired you.

Thank you Jordan for your feedback :) It is greatly appreciated.
I am not mad in the least bit. I just never see advertising anymore. Your current sale has not changed, your site still looks the same, etc. I could care less whether you fired me or not. I am just simply stating that it looks like you are slowly leaning towards the end. I know you assumed i am mad and i have not been and havent been and wasnt the least bit.

I also have nothing against your services. I had a vps with you as you know and had no problems at all. You provided excellent services which i am happy to say was better than most of my previous experiences.

So,

Most companies don't get a new site design every month.

Why would someone change a sale if it has been working effectively? Companies like Wal-Mart generally have the same sale on stuff over and over because it works.

What would lead you to assume that his company is heading "towards the end?"

On another note, if it wasn't for Skylar's last post, I would not have guessed he was 16. The way he posts and handles issues (from what I've seen on forums) is very professional and mature. There is nothing wrong with someone young starting up a company as long as they are capable of successfully running it.

Most companies don't get a new site design every month.

Why would someone change a sale if it has been working effectively? Companies like Wal-Mart generally have the same sale on stuff over and over because it works.

What would lead you to assume that his company is heading "towards the end?"

On another note, if it wasn't for Skylar's last post, I would not have guessed he was 16. The way he posts and handles issues (from what I've seen on forums) is very professional and mature. There is nothing wrong with someone young starting up a company as long as they are capable of successfully running it.
I understand companys dont get a new design every month or even every year, but It has been more than 2 months i think. Since he became a year old, and also as i stated i have not seen much advertising from him.

I understand companys dont get a new design every month or even every year, but It has been more than 2 months i think. Since he became a year old, and also as i stated i have not seen much advertising from him.

Advertising did slow a little; and the reason for the sale is we started our One Year Anniversary sale early; and decided to run it for an extended period of time; rather than the typical sales we had ran. The reason why it may strike as odd to you is because during the summer we did run a different promotion every week; whereas this has lasted for a few months.

I have made quite a few changes; but I can assure you I am going nowhere.

"I shalt not pull a GeekRack or a SellWHM"

Edit:

I do plan to begin different sales now that a few major holidays are on the way; so look out for those :p

Advertising did slow a little; and the reason for the sale is we started our One Year Anniversary sale early; and decided to run it for an extended period of time; rather than the typical sales we had ran. The reason why it may strike as odd to you is because during the summer we did run a different promotion every week; whereas this has lasted for a few months.

I have made quite a few changes; but I can assure you I am going nowhere.

"I shalt not pull a GeekRack or a SellWHM"

Edit:

I do plan to begin different sales now that a few major holidays are on the way; so look out for those :p
Alright Skylar, I remember you mentioning you had started that early at some point, good to know you will at least still be going if i ever need a vps from you :). Sorry for stating you were appearing to be dying even tho it had seemed that way in my point of view :)

Good thing your not gonna pull a SellWHM :D

edit:

I will look out for those :D

Learn Centos and lxadmin it will solve your most common problem.
I hope you never become a host! If a host ever told me to learn stuff so that something would work I would tell him/her to take a flying leap and move quick smart.

I hope you never become a host! If a host ever told me to learn stuff so that something would work I would tell him/her to take a flying leap and move quick smart.
I fully agree with you Jan,

Mxhub.com did that to me and i requested a refund and left the next day.

The host is supposed to assist you in anyway possible and if its a VPS/Dedi theres a limit to the help they will provide. Not just Learn this and Goodbye.

Just to let you know, my reply before wasnt based on your age being a issue with the host, just that you could tell from the past (I thought Jordan was sucking up slightly to much, trying to make you sound like a superstar when we all know there have been past issues.), obviously you have done a good job with Crissic, you selected the right market to enter at the right time & you made it a success.
you also admitted your wrongs when they popped up and improved as you said you would.

Of course it don't really mean much, coming from a nub on freewebspace that just spends most of his time acting childish in general discussions to escape the reality of his rather serious life for few mins each day but;
Just thought I would say anyway you have proved by far, age is just a number..

:applaudin

Age is just a number..

:applaudin

Yea, thats totally true. I'm on the younger side as well, just a year ahead of Skylar. He has done a great job with Crissic, and his support team is outstanding (that goes for you too Roger). Thats the reason why I chose Crissic. In fact, I prefer the younger hosts out there because I think that they have an advantage of promoting their products (Shared Hosting, Resellers, VPS's, Dedi's, Game Servers, you name it) to the next generation. They know what is hip, trendy, and popular and they can come up with unique concepts that can attract people.

Skylar has done a great job sticking with Crissic, even if it has been a little over a year. The difference between him and me is that I had no clue what my business plan was until about 6 months ago. I experimented with shoutcast, gameservers, master resellers, and learned the famous line "You get what you pay for". Skylar at 15 knew what he wanted to do with his business and never looked back. It seems that 9 out of 10 times he has been able to call the right shots. You have to give credit to him and other young hosts out there who are able to at least be in the running with some of you more experienced guys.

I'll totally vouch for Skylar and as Jordan said this Ageism needs to stop, because if you like it or not we are here to stay. Being young is great because we have a lot more time to gain experience and improve on our mistakes.

Side Note: On the phone Skylar sounds much older then 16, maybe that is an advantage to. At first I thought he was 25++ when I first talked to him.

I'll totally vouch for Skylar and as Jordan said this Ageism needs to stop, because if you like it or not we are here to stay. Being young is great because we have a lot more time to gain experience and improve on our mistakes.

Side Note: On the phone Skylar sounds much older then 16, maybe that is an advantage to. At first I thought he was 25++ when I first talked to him.

Heh Thanks a bunch; and I guess over the phone helps as well.

Skylar has done a great job sticking with Crissic, even if it has been a little over a year. The difference between him and me is that I had no clue what my business plan was until about 6 months ago. I experimented with shoutcast, gameservers, master resellers, and learned the famous line "You get what you pay for". Skylar at 15 knew what he wanted to do with his business and never looked back. It seems that 9 out of 10 times he has been able to call the right shots. You have to give credit to him and other young hosts out there who are able to at least be in the running with some of you more experienced guys.

Hate to burst your bubble but when I first started I knew nothing. I call that I just got lucky. I kinda decided as I went with no real solid plan; and I managed to stick with it. Some how I managed to enter the VPS market at the right time apparently; and I have yet to look back. It all comes down to being in the right location at the right time; and having the motivation.

Having the motivation and drive to push through and deliver really helped me. I have to admit that those who said "You won't last a year" really helped me strive even harder to prove them wrong. Thus far I have succeeded; and I have no intention to give up.

Nonetheless; thank you for your support :)

Last edited:
Why cant everyone just figure it out. Age has nothing what so ever to do with someones ability to run a hosting company. If they have the mental capacity and the professional attitude to make it successful what difference does it make if they are 14 or 40?

I can however not comment on crissic's services but I have talked to Skylar on msn many times.

Sorry but there is a big difference if a person is 14 or 40 and running a business.
If you walked into a bank and asked to see the Manager, and a 14 year old kid walked out dressed in a suit and said "Hey I'm the Manager. How can I help you?" What would you do?
I know I would be swinging on my heals and heading for the nearest exit.

Sorry but there is a big difference if a person is 14 or 40 and running a business.
If you walked into a bank and asked to see the Manager, and a 14 year old kid walked out dressed in a suit and said "Hey I'm the Manager. How can I help you?" What would you do?

Last I checked we are discussing webhosting, which is online virtual goods; not a bank :knockedou

I would be quite shocked to see that. However, if the business has a good reputation, I would still do business as usual except I wouldn't feel very comfortable doing business with someone who is not of age to legally do business.

Keep in mind, Brent, the owner of HostGator started his business when he was only in college, probably only a few years older then Skylar currently is. Hostgator is now one of the largest web hosting companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back