• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

delete the damn space god dammit

this part:

<br>
<input type=radio name=action value=remove><font color="black" size="1">Unsubscribe</font>
<br><center><input type="submit" value="Submit"></center></form></p>
</TD></TR></TABLE></td></tr>

change to

<br>
<input type=radio name=action value=remove><font color="black" size="1">Unsubscribe</font>
<br><center><input type="submit" value="Submit"></center></form></p></TD></TR></TABLE></td></tr>

the </TD> must put after the </P>
You can't skip that to the next line!

I think this will work! I have experienced this problem before
and I use table tag for my site a lot!

no matter how hard I try I can't fix it now I know the problem is in the menu2 html where maling list is that is, but I can't fix it YUPAPA???:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :eek: :confused:

Last edited:
Would you mind posting the code from menu2.html? It's much harder to try and figure out what's wrong when all pages get joined together. I think I've had this problem before, and I fixed it somehow. Post the code and I'll see what I can do.

You missed a </TD> here

<tr>
<td bgcolor="white" valign="middle"><font size="1">&gt;&gt;
Chat<br>
&gt;&gt; How To...<br>
&gt;&gt; <a href="cgi-bin/go.pl?www.otashkiboard.cjb.net">Message Board</a><br>
&gt;&gt; Polls<br>
&gt;&gt; Quiz<br></font>
</tr>

put </FORM>
at the end

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" bgcolor="#000000" align="center">
<tr>
<td>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td bgcolor="black" valign="middle" align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="1"><b>Mailing List</b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="white" valign="middle"><form action="/cgi-bin/mail.cgi" method=post>
<table cellspacing="0" border="0" cellpadding="6" width=100%>
<TR bgcolor="white">
<TD>
<p align="left">

<input type=text name="address" size=15><br>
<input type=radio name=action value=subscribe checked><font color="black" size="1">Subscribe</font>

<br>
<br><center><input type="submit" value="Submit"></center>
</TD></TR>
</TABLE>
</td></tr>
<br>
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" bgcolor="#000000" align="center">
<tr>
<td>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="black" valign="middle" align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="1"><b>Advert</b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="white" valign="middle">
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>

thanks guys, and sorry YUPAPA for getting angry but I fixed the prob all I need to know now is how to delete the space

what was wrong with the code?
put the </FORM> under the </TABLE>

copy and paste the HTML code

<br>
<form action="/cgi-bin/mail.cgi" method=post>
<tr>
<td>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="black" valign="middle" align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="1"><b>Mailing List</b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<table cellspacing="0" border="0" cellpadding="6" width=100%>
<TR bgcolor="white"><TD><p align="left">
<input type=text name="address" size=15><br>
<input type=radio name=action value=subscribe checked><font color="black" size="1">Subscribe</font>
<br><input type=radio name=action value=remove><font color="black" size="1">Unsubscribe</font>
<br><center><input type="submit" value="Submit"></center></p>
</TD></TR></TABLE></td></tr></table>
</td></tr></table><br>
<tr>
<td>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="black" valign="middle" align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="1"><b>Advert</b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

<noscript><!-- ads begin -->

Last edited:
whats the point on the form tag? its already under the mailing list table tag so whu we need it again??:confused:

I think if you remove the <p> from your original code, it would have worked like that. The <p> command I think skips a space(it does for me sometimes anyways).

solution

move your <FORM ...> and </FORM> tags so that they are directly between the table start end tags

so
<TABLE....><FORM ...><TR>
</TR></FORM></TABLE>

that will do the trick

Actually the most common reason for an extra space is there is probably some obscure <br> tag in there that is messing everything up.

Re: solution

Originally posted by lucifer
move your <FORM ...> and </FORM> tags so that they are directly between the table start end tags

so
<TABLE....><FORM ...><TR>
</TR></FORM></TABLE>

that will do the trick
got to hand it to ya, your the best, anyways any1 know why when I add somehing above the </body> tag it always go under the advert part??

I don't want to offend the dark master, but that is potentially dangerous since it can ---- up things in a strict browser. I haven't checked, but possibly Opera would choke on it. Why not move the FORM tags outside the TABLE altogether and be done with it. That's how it's normally done. It fills the same purpose , no extra whitespace within the TD and is syntactically correct.

nah I tried ur way meow doesn't work anyways the other did, anyway can someone look ay my page and tell me why when ever I add something it always go under the advert part and not at the boottom of page where I want it?

Originally posted by meow
I don't want to offend the dark master, but that is potentially dangerous since it can ---- up things in a strict browser.
sometimes we have to abuse things to get what we want out of them...

Back