• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

delete the damn space god dammit

I want the topsites button rifght at the bootom but when I call it thriugh ssi so it goes at the bottom it goes under the advert part, in frontpage it shows it at the bootom but on browser it shows under advetr

Originally posted by Weapon
I want the topsites button rifght at the bootom but when I call it thriugh ssi so it goes at the bottom it goes under the advert part, in frontpage it shows it at the bootom but on browser it shows under advetr

I can't see it anywhere

spend some time checking you posts before Submitting so they are readable :p

thats becoz I deleted the file where SSi was suppose to call, see that part where it says [error processing......] well that is where the topsites button keeps going

I see

</SCRIPT>
<!-- ads end -->
</noscript>
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

</table>
</div>

</body>

always look at the source code never trust a wysiwyg

if you want a wysiwyg I'd switch to dreamweaver :)

Me standard kitten and I'm back!

Nope , weeper boy. You are wrong and the devil is (naturally) telling you wrong. That's the way of the devil. :D
The two ways display exactly the same. You don't gain nada by doing it the wrong way.

To prove the devil wrong...:p

http://www.muddle.f2s.com/weepon/form.html

Last edited:
Yeah! Show me what wonders putting the FORM tag between TABLE and TR does. I'm waiting....

*meow licking mouth :p:p:p*

The two ways display exactly the same. You don't gain nada by doing it the wrong way.

Umm, maybe I'm missing something (subtle sarcasm, maybe? inside joke? I didn't pick it up at any rate), but in both Netscape and IE, the second table is not followed by a space, it's centered in the outer table, and the first table is, it's pushed more toward the top. It's not slight either, in Netscape there's over a 18 pixel difference, it was less but nearly that in IE.

In Mozilla, on the other hand, the two were indeed identical.

I don't know of any browser so strict as that it wouldn't allow you to nest forms within tables, it even worked in Netscape 1.0 and on my very old WebTV viewer. (I tried looking at it in Mosaic but it kept crashing, then again Mosaic'll crash on anything).

Ahem, I'm not sure I follow but...The outer tables (the two cell white/grey ones) are there only for your viewing pleasure and they are different.
The thing we talk about is the small table surrounding the text field and input button. The problem was that FORM adds whitespace (in this case seemingly after the button) if the tags are inside TD.

My point was that no tags others than those that constitute a table can be contained in TABLE. Was that muddy or what? :p And since they display the same there is no reason to break the rules.

I hope you don't see the small tables differently? In that case I've really missed something. ":eek:"

BTW Mosaic doesn't handle the type of URL f2s uses, I think. What's it called , http/1.1???

Ahem, I'm not sure I follow but...The outer tables (the two cell white/grey ones) are there only for your viewing pleasure and they are different.
The thing we talk about is the small table surrounding the text field and input button. The problem was that FORM adds whitespace (in this case seemingly after the button) if the tags are inside TD.

Correct, if your page were comprised of only that one table then either way would be fine, but this is not true in Weapon's case (which, after all, is the supposed "topic" of the thread). Weapon does have two tables, one inside the other, just as you have on your examples. If you do it your way (which I will admit is the proper way, but since when has that stopped anyone from doing what looks best) there will be a noticeable gap between the inner and outer table. If you do it the more... "creative" way the gap is eliminated.

I think a better example would be http://209.222.113.65/tables.html. You might want to look at it soon, I'm not going to stay online forever.

... no tags others than those that constitute a table can be contained in TABLE ... since they display the same there is no reason to break the rules.

You can stick whatever tags you want anywhere you want. Doesn't mean they'll work, but you can. In this case, it does work, and since it is displayed differently there is due cause to bend the rules a bit.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Mosaic doesn't support F2S subdomains, neither did Netscape 1.0. I had to download the page and look at it off the hard drive for Netscape, but even that wouldn't work for Mosaic. I think my copy of Mosaic is just having problems in general, not specific to your page.

Then put the form tags outside both tables. Apart from the fact that half of Frontpage's tables are unnecessary, it doesn't matter how many tables the form is wrapped in. There is space between "mailing lists" and "Advert" and that's where the FORM space would go. If that wasn't an option it's possible to "nest" forms through the page. Or get rid of the space with CSS.

And weepon - I agree with Lucifer. Lose FP. It's messy. ;)

Back