• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net

Drinking anti-freeze

Archbob

Level 8 Chinese Guy
NLC
Is this actually bad for you? I mean if it is, I won't drink it, but if it isn't I will, I always wondered what the stuff tasted like.
 

Dusty

NLC
NLC
I had a teacher once who had a series of strange "coincidences" involving antifreeze and her pets. On Monday her dog "accidentally" drank a few cups of antifreeze and subsequently died. That wasn't so hard to believe in itself, but then the next day her cat and birds died from similar circumstances and then the next her fish somehow got a hold of the stuff. Though she thoroughly professed these to be accidents by the third day none, as is needless to say, were buying it.

Anyway. The active ingredient in antifreeze is ethylene glycol, which is a fatal toxin that will, if drank, metabolize into an oxalic acid and crystallize in your kidneys, eventually leading your eminent death if not treated. It's very sweet, which is why its common for household pets and young children to get ethylene glycol poisoning. It's also very potent, less than a teaspoon can down a midsized dog or cat before you even notice the symptoms.

To answer your question, yes, it's very bad for you.
 

razor

New Member
im going to tell you a story . . .
it all happened way back in the day when i was still a young lad in elementary school. after lunch many classes head outside to the big grassed in field, that we called the recess yard. ohhh god cant type any longer so anyway . . . two kids find this bottle of wine* and start to drink it. they get really sick and had to be rushed to the hospital via ambulance.

*wine=antifreeze

who would put antifreeze in a wine bottle and discard it by an elementary school is really dumb, tho the kids werent much smarter either.
 

Filòs

New Member
Similar thing happened around here, too. A couple kids drank some methyl hydrate that was in a vodka bottle for some reason.

One died, and the other was hospitalized. needless to say it is a good idea to think before you drink.
 

Archbob

Level 8 Chinese Guy
NLC
Hmm, a perfect substance to test my body's defenses against.

I got life insurance so if I die, its still all good.:biggrin2:
 

meow

Rebutted, enshrined
NLC
:rolleyes:
I hope you aren't serious. Anti freeze could be anything but mostly it's methanol that will make you blind or glycol that will kill you. Glycol is extremely poisonous. Dogs lick it up from the floor in garages because it's a little sweet, and it doesn't take much to send them to dog heaven.
In case anyone got the idea you could try it - DON'T!
 

Blank Verse

NLC
NLC
OK...good to know I'm not the only one who thought that was crazy...I don't know, the post kinda asked what it would do, it's all so non-chalant, it's kinda shocking actually.
 
Top