• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

eastendhosting

Reaper28

Me and a mate wanted to open a host for a small private board we are members at

It would of been great but we ended our friendship to a note that my friend was a bossy brat. we chose East End Hosting cause it was cheap and it was one of those "Unlimited" resellers, i didn't believe it but i gave it a shot, like once in a million style thing.

the URL we had there was: ghostdirect.com

i can tell you this: their customer support sucks

their billing AND tech staff use the same account in their billing system (BTW they use WHMCS) i ordered their master reseller ($39.99) and whmcs install($9.99)

the setup was instant but when it came to setting up whmcs for me, thats were brains never came alive

they use the name "harry" as the support account they emailed me all the info, and told me it would take afew moments to do all the stuff, but they sent me a ticket stating if i ordered whmcs with the reseller.... do these techs even know what customers order ? like WTF

i told him i had order the install through their shopping cart, moron gives me the zip file and activation for whmcs through ticket. i would have to wait hours for it to be installed, so i just said screw that and got my mate to install it.

when i dissolved my friendship with my former friend i asked for a refund which should of taken moments. but i've been waiting about a week and a half.

this company is a laugh cause their stupidity is shown.

This was the first and only time i use resellers. Grr.

Well..what did you expect really?

Sorry for your experience. Hopefully next time it works out better.

Live and learn is all I can say here

Unlimited resellers are not always that unlimited ;)

Old truth: you get what you pay for. Maybe it was not enough experience in chosing web hosting. Sometimes that bad experience make you really experienced. Take it easy and I believe next time you will be happy.

Guys, are you nuts? You sign up with a hosting company which is absolutely unknown, with the ghost in its name....

Why not to look for something which is reliable, Why not to ask someone before making any deals if you do not have enough experience?

That is the payback for the lack of foresight!

Every company have this peiod of time. And if the company unknown that doesn't mean it will have bad and poor service

That is true, but they could gather some info about the company, before signing up... It is possible to get info of Any company that leads business honestly, but if the company scams just from the beginning the info would either be bad, or it would not be any info at all.

I suppose Serverpoint has also passed that state and done it successfully... unlike many others...

That is true, but they could gather some info about the company, before signing up... It is possible to get info of Any company that leads business honestly, but if the company scams just from the beginning the info would either be bad, or it would not be any info at all.

I suppose Serverpoint has also passed that state and done it successfully... unlike many others...

That is the point. Before entering a hosting company(whether it is known or unknown) you should do your homework. As ServerPoint said an unknown company does not mean that they are bad. Sorry for your experiences but take it as a lesson in your hosting future.

Back