• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Firefox 3

The memory thing I have noticed with Opera, BUT that graph doesn't apply to all, my memory might freak out for one second, then reset back to normal usage, which is considerably less than what Firefox does on my laptop.

When I get more RAM though I wouldn't care.

trim_on_minimize is a lol, but for low memory it's recommended. (Setting this to true also speeds up the minimize animation by a bit. Though I don't know why you'd have it on.)

browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers in Firefox 3 is set to -1 by default (meaning: infinite)

browser.cache.disk.capacity = the same value as shown in Tools > Options > Advanced > Network (but the Network tab version only accepts MB sizes)

Also: browser.cache.memory.capacity will not exist in about:config more than likely, so the default value will not be shown.

MozillaZine said:
WindowBlinds can dramatically increase memory use.[2] To continue using WindowBlinds and Firefox without memory issues, add Firefox to WindowBlind's exclusion list.
You don't need WindowsBlinds if you're just wanting skins: Get the UXTheme Patcher Instead and only download themes that are .theme or .msstyle compatible. Then in Display Properties under the Themes tab, click the dropdown, and click "Browse..." (When you have a zipped theme with folders inside, DO NOT open the theme/msstyle file that is in the root dir of the zip, ALWAYS open the theme file further down in the zip, since the root dir theme file won't change anything.)

MozillaZine said:
If you find that Firefox's memory usage continues to grow after long periods of being open, you may want to consider periodically restarting Firefox to bring the memory usage back to reasonable levels. Close Firefox and select the Save and Quit option to reopen your tabs when Firefox restarts.
Save and Quit doesn't seem to remember my tabs for me. It always starts with my home page, so the save and quit option is out for me.

Last edited:
Back