• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Firefox 3

stewie-pipe.gif

Indeed.

That 60,000 K was a mistake actually =/ Since I was on a site that relied heavily on scripts and flash and with addons.

Without addons (Mozilla Start):
firefoxnoaddsmemrd9.png

With addons (Mozilla Start):
firefoxwithaddsmemqn1.png

Mind you, my explorer.exe takes up 24,xxx K; svchost takes up three processes, highest being 27,xxx K, others around 5,000 K a piece. I have a whole mess of stuff running as well.

Firefox 3 hiked to 77,xxx K or so when I was uploading all those to imageshack. Ouch.
ifcqh3.jpg

Last edited:
No I wasn't comparing Firefox to Pidgin/etc. Therefore, I edited them out just now so that no one else gets the same idea.

FF3 uses just as much memory as previous versions for me. But I don't really mind.

2ibolkw.gif

You may not mind, but other people might mind.

Although in Xubuntu, Firefox 3.0 Final takes up 100 MiB =/ So I can hardly complain in my dual boot setup.

For Windows People Who Mind: http://firefox-ultimate-optimizer.en.softonic.com/ (Causes another process to free up firefox.exe to a small 300 K to 1 MB memory pile. Although the process that frees this up uses an average of 1-4 % CPU and about 3,000 K mem.)

FF3 was bad for me

too much memory usage and site loading times were slower

so i went back to FF2 and couldn't be happier

Talking about Xubuntu, I just installed it yesturday, Firefox just ate up my who PC. Though XP will still be my main, I'm sticking to Opera for both, when I get the chance to install it.

I'm sticking to Opera for both, when I get the chance to install it.

I can't stand it with its "Click to activate control" dealie. Since I go on many flash toons and stuff (Newgrounds.com, Homestarrunner.com, DeviantART, SheezyArt (Required on Sheezy to have flash for art previews if you have heavy bling filter off. Linux must have this filter on regardless.))

FF3 rocks, been using it for a month and it's great.
Faster than ever, maybe I can even say the same HTML processing speed as Safari. ;)

BTW, you can limit FF memory usage in about:config

I just want to say that I think I am switching to firefox, from opera. 3 is pretty awesome, and there's a plugin for the one feature I missed (speed dial) called fast dial, and I think I like it even better than speed dial. Oh man, I can't believe I am saying this.

I'm only worried right now because my tower only has 512 MB RAM, and I'd have to pay like 80 USD to get the current SDRAM Sticks upgraded to one 1 GB stick.

The tower goes super fast though, Pentium 4, HT, and 3 GHz.

Back