• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free reseller, you keep profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks

Thank you man, its nice to get some respect from someone. Oh and by the way to the, I have been working with webhosting and been on a support team for a year, so I can handle the support.

Pat

oh and oates 151, i am also 13 and am doing support so i'm on your side, so if you need a hand with anything i will be glad to help out

Jamson

Ciprian, what kind of bandwidth comes with your offer? Does the kid need to buy bandwidth from you?

If the server comes with bandwidth adequate, $40 for even such a low end is chicken feat.

Is he really offering the server for free? If so, then good luck with your host ;) .
Anyway, I know quite a lot of people who own good web hosting companies, and almost all of them are under 18 years of age. However, this doesn't stop people purchasing hosting from them, and if they can handle the job of running their own host then why question them? If you don't have anything that will help him, then please, don't bother posting it at all. Like your comment about 13 year olds ruining the business, I actually see a lot of successful hosts run by children. I know of two that have been around for over a year now, and are doing very well for themselves.
oates151, all the best and good luck ;) .

I think this free dedicated server thing is a very innovative idea. I'm curious to see how it turns out. It could really open some doors to people who can't afford a reseller or server. I'll just wait and see how reliable it is.

just to comment on this im 14 and i ran a very sucessful bussnuse for awhile until i sold it to someone becuase i was running out of time to offer support and stuff to my clients.

Put it this way, would you TRUST a 13 year old person to run a company? because I wouldnt, I would feel very worried due to the fact at the age. Dont 13 year old kids go to school, so how do they offer the support? says they went to school at 8am to 5pm (WHERES THE SUPPORT) come home, stay in for about an hour then meet there friends. I maybe wrong but theres alot of discussion regards to youngsters running companies.

but what about the kids who have school for 6 hours but wake up at 6:00 to go to school at 7:30, (hour and a half then) and come home at 3 and go at 4 (another hour) and go back on at 7:30-9:30 (2 hours then)

isnt that good enough help?

:s

Craig all you have is negitive comments. If you used your brain you would have thought up that I have another support agent that lives in the UK
so when im about to go to school, hes getting out of school so he does support until I come home. It works our great with ac-webhosting with me an Adam, so it will most likely work with me. If you have nothing to say but 13 year olds are ruining the hosting then I suggest you say nothing at all. Teens are like running ALOT of online companys these days, I dont think they are runing anything. For all you know sites like freewebs.com can be run by teens some day if their not already. Chill and lets all just get along please, i dont need neg comments.

Cheers
Pat

about my old post were i asked for a free reseller i wouldnt mind any specifications as long as they are over 500mbs and 3gb of transfer! thx

oates151 said:
Craig all you have is negitive comments. If you used your brain you would have thought up that I have another support agent that lives in the UK
so when im about to go to school, hes getting out of school so he does support until I come home. It works our great with ac-webhosting with me an Adam, so it will most likely work with me. If you have nothing to say but 13 year olds are ruining the hosting then I suggest you say nothing at all. Teens are like running ALOT of online companys these days, I dont think they are runing anything. For all you know sites like freewebs.com can be run by teens some day if their not already. Chill and lets all just get along please, i dont need neg comments.

Cheers
Pat
I wish you all the best but its not just me, you must understand that yes they maybe gd 13y + who can run companies but theres more that ruin it for the rest of us good hosts including yourself maybe but this is a major concern so you can understand my thoughts.

Last edited:
Um, im pretty sure most people start out with hosting PART TIME, then go full time if they succeed. UNLESS OF COURSE THEIR UNDER 18, they wont need to go part/full, itll be SPARE TIME. Anyone who goes full time over 18= has alot of time on his hands, is very confident he'll succeed

I think you all should calm down now instead of all the craps. Now, he's 13 so what? Age doesnt mean anything. Though you might doubt his experience, but he's willing to learn. Why not give him a chance? Well, even if you cant offer a reseller, which is what he request, you can also support him morally. Rather than scolding and condemning that he will not suceed. By the way pat, I'm 16 and I'm also helping out with my friend's webhosting company. If you have jobs for me in you future webhosting company, I'll be willing to help.
For now, just cool down and support him. If not, shut up and smile.

rainboiboi said:
I think you all should calm down now instead of all the craps. Now, he's 13 so what? Age doesnt mean anything. Though you might doubt his experience, but he's willing to learn. Why not give him a chance? Well, even if you cant offer a reseller, which is what he request, you can also support him morally. Rather than scolding and condemning that he will not suceed. By the way pat, I'm 16 and I'm also helping out with my friend's webhosting company. If you have jobs for me in you future webhosting company, I'll be willing to help.
For now, just cool down and support him. If not, shut up and smile.

yep...age dosent matters...it's the knowledge that matters...

even somebody got the right age which is 18 and above...but no knowledge...then that somebody is useless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back