• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free reseller, you keep profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrads man! If anyone would like to donate a dedicated server in which you would be making full profit off of the shoutcast servers which would be hosted on it please contact me.
pat151a@msn.com on MSN and for e-mail
oates151 on AIM

craig888 said:
This is whats killing the hosting industry, 13 year old kids, thinking they can make some pocket money, offering silly offers like unlimited web space & bandwidth & once they have made a bit they just leave there clients & run off.

If you are running a business you have to be serious, planning, etc etc. Remember you have to offer a service, you have to be there not just when you want to.

If he has a 500GB reseller then his host is overselling, you cant offer a 500Gb reseller, well you can but its not realistic.

Anyway if your serious then go the full mile, save up some cash & get a paid reseller account with a proper host not an overselling one. Signup to affiliate programs, help other hosts to gain knowledge etc etc.

Good luck :)

HD

Craig you are a very sad man you know that? :p What person does this job if he doesn't love it? Are you telling me you don't enjoy every single day of it? If not I can only imagine the cold shoulder that gives your client. Anyone that doesn't enjoy this to the fullest should find another line of work.

I'm 16, proud of it, been successful for 2 years now, and to me some of the best are ran by teenagers. You older people get into a few years,and soon ir becomes a competiotion of profit when you should be able to give almost every customer personal attention.

Last edited:
Dynahost said:
edicated server.... I don't think you can ever get that free :/

Dont be too sure....anything is possible...... years ago people sure said that a free reseller account impossible...look now....oates151 and me got a FREE reseller account....ANYTING is POSSIBLE...just have to wait for the right time...

Last edited:
heymrdj said:
Craig you are a very sad man you know that? :p What person does this job if he doesn't love it? Are you telling me you don't enjoy every single day of it? If not I can only imagine the cold shoulder that gives your client. Anyone that doesn't enjoy this to the fullest should find another line of work.

I'm 16, proud of it, been successful for 2 years now, and to me some of the best are ran by teenagers. You older people get into a few years,and soon ir becomes a competiotion of profit when you should be able to give almost every customer personal attention.

Thats true....if you love doing something than go ahead...the most succesful person is the person that does something that he/she loves to do.....

And yeah i know some webhosting company which are handled by teenagers offers great plans and 24/7 support plus...they make sure that each and every of their client is happy...example: http://www.sephost.net/ ...its run by a friend of mine and he is only 16.....his hosting is very cheap....

I am also a reseller....and my priority is the customers.....price is second....if they are happy....they will recommend to others and then the REAL money comes in......im only 15!:biggrin2:

heymrdj said:

I had my say on this topic, them are my views & am sticking with them, I would nottrust a 13yr to run a server unless I knew him/her & he was a friend, its all about the TRUST, when your older you will understand more :p .

My last post on this silly topic.

Last edited:
Dynahost said:
well I seen reseller that are better than some actual host, it depend I guess

You're absolutely right. I'm not saying they are all better. It depends. I've seen some 14 year old's hosting that no one should have the pain of using. Then there's others I find the best. Personally I prefer small resellers such as these cause it seems like you don't have to fight threw so much. And they don't charge you 5-10$ for MySQL activation. Why the heck would any company do that? (HostUltra :p)

craig888 said:
I had my say on this topic, them are my views & am sticking with them, I would nottrust a 13yr to run a server unless I knew him/her & he was a friend, its all about the TRUST, when your older you will understand more :p .

My last post on this silly topic.

Well craig, I personally think teens sell cheaper and more reliable hosting. No offence to adults but computers are our age, not yours. I think adults are charging way to much for webhosting and most of the time their service stanks, for instance www.godaddy.com (domain company) charges ALOT for their domains when I could go register mine with ICANN for 25 cents a year and host it myself. You think teens are ruining the hosting industry, I think adults like you craig are.

Last edited:
oates151 said:
Well craig, I personally think teens sell cheaper and more reliable hosting. No offence to adults but computers are our age, not yours. I think adults are charging way to much for webhosting and most of the time their service stanks, for instance www.godaddy.com (domain company) charges ALOT for their domains when I could go register mine with ICANN for 25 cents a year and host it myself. You think teens are ruining the hosting industry, I think adults like you craig are.

For one, teens oversell to gain more clients & cant pay there fees, most of the time they go down within 3-6 months if not less, people (adults) would prefer to host with established host as they know they will get a great service, teens are just not committed like us adults & we dont over charge, wheres the source for this? & whats this about its your computer age??? I build computers as well just a little hobby of mine. BTW am 19 years old, I am an adult but a young adult, now I do this for a full time job, fully committed. People (13 - 16 yr) cant afford server bills etc etc unless you are rich so how can you guarantee that you will stay online? but you can get cheap resellers like silly unlimited offers at $2.99/mo & you think its going to be stable??? no, you need to have some cash to put in, just my last $0.02. We are not ruining this industry lol, you are, the stats are there.

You may have people agreeing with you but there all under 16 lol just like a kiddie gang lol. I told you when we talked on IM, I have no problem with you or anybody els, remember its not just me, theres 100's of people taking about this & you must admit, it doesnt look good for you lot. If you get clients, good for you. I hope you make it but be true, offer what you say you offer, never lie.

Regards :)

ok i think that i shouldnt bother posting here since the topic looks dead to me now, but i dont see why adults and kids have to do this thing like younger people ruining the hosting industry. it is kinda obvious that adults will go with the more professional hosts not "kiddie" hosts, "kiddie" hosts are for people who dont care about their business or personal site and want it cheap. its their fault that they picked the cheap and less professional looking "kiddie" hosts

theres my rant

lol well I think we fought enough about this simple post, no need to start Internet War 1. Thanks to everyone for posting good and bad responces. Have a good Thanksgiving and happy holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back