• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Games Affecting Kids

Dean

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
NLC
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Any words on this?

meh, all these worried parents....its all BS, its just the retarts who would explode anyways who are effected.

it only affects those that don't have a solid grip on reality - like me for instance :D :mad: j/k

Some kids who can't spend their time on other meaningful things get hooked on counter-strike, and they do affect kids. :p

Originally posted by The Red Guy
Some kids who can't spend their time on other meaningful things get hooked on counter-strike, and they do affect kids. :p

Shutup you. :devious2:

Originally posted by The Red Guy

i'm hooked of counter-strike - yet i'm not unclever - rofl - i don't take games seriously, except for games like frogger and stuff - :biggrin2: - nah

Originally posted by Phyxisus
we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
Uhh .... sounds like many people that I know. :eek:

Of course games affect us but to what degree?
Also look at movies... how are they affecting us?

Pac man was simple - non realistic. Games today are extremely realistic and goorey. I think we're all becomming desensatized to violence, it's just a daily occurance today. We see it on TV, the newspaper, video games, movies, etc. When pack man was around it wasn't quite so forceful and in our faces.

Our we becomming more violent? Maybe but we sure treat strangers worse than we have in the past.

Just my 2 cents....

I'm sick and tired of people blaming TV, Video Games, and Eminem for what's wrong with the world today.

If a kid goes and steals something from a store, TV didn't make him do it. A lack of discipline and attention at home made him do it. Peer oressure from others who think it's "cool" made him do it.

Sure, nowadays we're more susceptible to the messages brought about by video games and TV and such, but to use that as an excuse is just lazy and shows that children are not being brought up properly, cause the people around them are not ready to take responsibility for them and rather blame a box.

Uhm, no, you think video games cause violence? Oh, damn...well, jump back about...a couple thousand years, like 10, or so, and what did humans do? Oh, they killed, raped, massacred, etc, each other. Did they have video games then? No. It's in our nature to kill ourselves, as Papa Roach clearly says, and, dude, it's true. Don't try to blame something on video games because whatever put us together, made a big ----ing mistake..

Yes, Games and television have an affect on children.

Compare today's children with the children of 25 years ago. Notice the decrease in physical activity, increase in obesity and increase in children diagnosed with things such as ADD.

Originally posted by Gayowulf
Yes, Games and television have an affect on children.

Compare today's children with the children of 25 years ago. Notice the decrease in physical activity, increase in obesity and increase in children diagnosed with things such as ADD.

its not vid games fault that people have ADD, they are born with it or it is learned from parents

Originally posted by Gayowulf

Yes but what's the fault of that? The parent's should keep a strict timelimit on their child(ren) time on games. Why do you think most games are rated teens or mature?

HEH! Well, since I have a complete grip on reality, they dont effect me at all...

*walks away and asks a stranger "Do you know anything about the Ultimate Insult?" then walks over to a female and says "Hey, Elaine. How goes the campaign? Does everyone know that Charles L Charles is really LeChuck?"*

Back