• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Gotta Love Burst...

I would love to put together my own datacenter for low cost quality servers. I treat my customers right. if I could find an internet connection I could afford, I would very happily put the money into the hardware.

I ordered my server from burstnet on friday, 9:30am today, it's online. I'm hoping the network is reliable and fast for me.

thanks for the advice, but most of the risk is going to the company reselling the server to me, right? not sure who, but someone messed up the order. one hard drive is of the wrong size and the secondary is missing. looks good besides that minor detail.. lol

thanks for the advice, but most of the risk is going to the company reselling the server to me, right? not sure who, but someone messed up the order. one hard drive is of the wrong size and the secondary is missing. looks good besides that minor detail.. lol

no, most of the risk is with Burst. they take forever to set up servers, and a lot of times dont even get orders right.

oh, and @Decker, about your 26 day ticket or whatever it was, i had a support ticket in with Burst for 3.5 months about my RAM not being correct. I was supposed to have an upgrade to 4GB, but, when they did the upgrade from the 2GB, they only put 1GB extra in. I told them immediately, and never got the 4th GB of RAM.

a disk drive is kinda important for the data storage on the server and a major part of making the server useful. if I don't get it fixed for a few weeks, maybe I could dispute it with paypal and get my money refunded. wish I knew the future here.

oh, and @Decker, about your 26 day ticket or whatever it was, i had a support ticket in with Burst for 3.5 months about my RAM not being correct

:p Beat you - had one that they never fixed, setup a server I couldn't access due to no services being enabled for external network access, no ssh, no http, no ftp, so nah nah na nah na.

At least they screwed up royally, not just not bother!

PS docs prepared for the now 36 day one not 26 any more :wink2: being sent tommorrow. :) Jan get that other thread ready to be reopened :)

WOW! They replied me. At last, after 6 days, they replied me on Ticket and sent me the login info for their Billing CP.

World's 8th wonder ---- BurstNET Billing Dept Replied on Ticket:D

they responded to my most recent ticket the fasted once i sent a message to an employee telling him to pull his head out of his butt. :p

well, it was sort of funny considering i paid my bill for April through GeekRack, and then was transfered to Burst, so, Burst wanted me to pay the bill for April through them (pay a second time) and pay for May even though i had been saying for 2 weeks to cancel the server. so, the response i get was something about submitting it to abuse cause he though i was saying that the message i got was spam. so, i messaged the guy directly telling him he was an idiot, and that i never said it was spam, and restated that i already paid my bill, and to pull his head out and think. then i also told him to cancel the damn server. so, i got a message the next day saying where i needed to go to cancel the server. lol. burst employees are just not to intelligent it seems.

Lol I've got nothing to complain about from Burst. They've been great for me so far, about 2 months with them now.

no billing complaints here yet, but they did completely screw up the hard drive configuration. one missing and one in the wrong location. needed an os reinstall to fix it. hoping there wont be any other problems with them.

Hell, they charged me twice for the same server

Code:
132549	5/10/2008	$71.95	$0.00	$71.95	 	Graffiti Network
132119	5/5/2008	$71.95	$0.00	$71.95	 	Graffiti Network

What's wrong with them? Making mistakes again n again

Back