• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Gotta Love Burst...

iBrightDev

Jay Street
NLC
NLC
oh, wait, got that all wrong. F*CK BURST!!!

here is the current situation, as most of you know already, i was with GeekRack for a while, and we were reselling Burst servers. well, Burst kept screwing up orders and taking to long to even build servers ect. Well, before I knew of these problems, I decided to leave WowRack as my dedicated server provider, and go with GeekRack at Burst since I got such a smoking deal.

After a few months, GeekRack decided not to do any more dedicated services for a while, and transfered all dedicated clients to Burst management. so, on Friday 4/11/2008 10:24 AM, i got a message from Burst saying that i was officially under their management and that I would be getting my username and password for managing my account soon. Well, 3 weeks go by, and I never got any account information. I have tried calling Burst at least 10 times, and cant ever reach a live person, and even contacted one of the support guys, Benji, directly, and never heard back from him.

I contacted Burst almost 5 days ago, and still have yet to hear back from them on my ticket even. below is a copy of the ticket...

=========================

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: 1492744
When Created: 04-29-2008 - 12:24AM
Elapsed Time: 4 days
Since Last Action: 3 hours

Subject and Description
account info

My name is Justin St. Germain, and I was the General Manager for GeekRack. GeekRack transfered all accounts to Burst a few weeks back for dedicated clients. I NEVER received my account information so that i can pay my server bill when due, and was not told if my price stayed the same like it was suppose to.

please get me login information asap so that i can see when my bill is due and take care of it accordingly so there is no service interruption.

also, Shequeita, owner of GeekRack, was looking to at least keep my server under her control and payments to her, but has not heard back as of yet, so, we are trying to find out what is going on. I would prefer to keep my server under her management and separate from the rest of the servers you guys took over. please advise me on the situation.

i can be contacted at 480.233.5006. please contact me anytime and soon.

Sincerely,
Justin St. Germain

Replies/Followups
Guy H. 04-29-2008 - 12:27AM

Hello Justin,

I am going to transfer your ticket to customer service who will either answer your question in the morning or move the ticket to the billing department. One of those two departments should be able to provide a satisfactory answer to this situation.

Best Regards,
Guy W Hopkins
Technical Support
BurstNET Technologies

Rate this reply/followup
jstgermain 04-29-2008 - 12:38AM

Guy,
I appreciate your help in the matter. Is there any way you can tell me if
Shequeita will be able to continue to manage the server instead of having it
moved to your management, or, is that a question for billing too?

Sincerely,
MCT-Hosting Support
P: ###.###.####
C: ###.###.####
support[at]mct-hosting[dot]com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 9:28 PM
To: support[at]mct-hosting[dot]com
Subject: {100-1492744} RE: account info

Guy H. has responded to your ticket.=20

Please preserve the subject line. This is important.

-----------------------------------------------
(Guy H.)
Hello Justin,

I am going to transfer your ticket to customer service who will either
answer your question in the morning or move the ticket to the billing
department. One of those two departments should be able to provide a
satisfactory answer to this situation.

Best Regards,
Guy W Hopkins
Technical Support=20
BurstNET Technologies

To respond to this ticket you can either reply to this
email or visit this URL:
https://support.burst.net/cgi-bin/pdesk.cgi?do=3Dview&cid=3D1492744

Was this response helpful? We would be grateful if you
would submit a short rating for this response as part of
our satisfaction monitoring.
=20
https://support.burst.net/cgi-bin/pdesk.cgi?do=3Drate_response&nid=3D808086=
&key=3D
0KIHT93JPC

Thank you,
BurstNET Technologies, Inc.
Ticket System Daemon

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tickets will be automatically closed if they are open, BurstNET=20
staff replied, and a response was not recieved in 48 hours.

Also, you may search http://forums.burst.net/ to see if someone has
posted the same issue as you, for now or in the future. This is a=20
free service to everyone, with over 20,000 posts it may be helpful.

jstgermain 04-30-2008 - 12:27AM

Just a little curious as to what is going on. The initial response time was
fast, but, now I haven=92t heard anything in 24 hours. Please get back to =
me
soon guys.

Sincerely,
MCT-Hosting Support
P: ###.###.####
C: ###.###.####
support[at]mct-hosting[dot]com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 9:28 PM
To: support[at]mct-hosting[dot]com
Subject: {100-1492744} RE: account info

Guy H. has responded to your ticket.=20

Please preserve the subject line. This is important.

(Guy H.)
Hello Justin,

I am going to transfer your ticket to customer service who will either
answer your question in the morning or move the ticket to the billing
department. One of those two departments should be able to provide a
satisfactory answer to this situation.

Best Regards,
Guy W Hopkins
Technical Support=20
BurstNET Technologies

To respond to this ticket you can either reply to this
email or visit this URL:
https://support.burst.net/cgi-bin/pdesk.cgi?do=3Dview&cid=3D1492744

Was this response helpful? We would be grateful if you
would submit a short rating for this response as part of
our satisfaction monitoring.
=20
https://support.burst.net/cgi-bin/pdesk.cgi?do=3Drate_response&nid=3D808086=
&key=3D
0KIHT93JPC

Thank you,
BurstNET Technologies, Inc.
Ticket System Daemon

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tickets will be automatically closed if they are open, BurstNET=20
staff replied, and a response was not recieved in 48 hours.

Also, you may search http://forums.burst.net/ to see if someone has
posted the same issue as you, for now or in the future. This is a=20
free service to everyone, with over 20,000 posts it may be helpful.

Justin St. Germain 05-01-2008 - 12:53AM

ok, seriously, is it really that hard to get me my account information? this needs to be taken care of. i cant afford for my server to go down. please get back to me asap.

Justin St. Germain 05-01-2008 - 11:36AM

well, do i need to do something special to get some attention here. should i hold my breath? seriously, i need my account information so i can pay my server bill. i dont see how it takes so long for you guys to get that to me. i was supposed to get the info when we originally did the switch, and i never got and email, and now i cant even get you guys to respond to this ticket. what is going on?

Justin St. Germain 05-02-2008 - 07:29PM

ok, i know that i am only one guy, and i probably dont matter that much compared to all of the other customers you have, but, fact is, i am a paying customer, and i need some help. this is getting a bit old. we are almost 5 days in, and i have no response about my account still. please get back to me or i will be moving elsewhere.

===============================

so yeah, that is the fun i am dealing with. i already have a new server at WowRack being setup so I can peace out from Burst.

Well MCT, after a server mysteriously disappeared, the 5 day response times from billing, 6 day server setups, and numerous invoicing issues, I am no longer going to sell servers from them.

I believe you made the right choice to get a server elsewhere. BurstNET obviously cannot handle the massive operation they have going on and I still, to this day, cannot understand how they can keep the prices so low and stay in business.

Burst sucks tho I got switched from a reseller (not going to go and name any names) and AS SOON as I got switched burst suspended my server and then proceeded to bill me over 100 bucks for an Abuse fee a server reload fee and a months rental of the server. Thats when I said forget it and moved over to a new host

Thanks SC-Daniel :)

And methodcomptech. It was nice working with you ;) lol

Yeah, there were a lot of people that were unhappy about being switched from GeekRack as the reseller to being managed by Burst. Sorry I couldnt do more.

Thanks SC-Daniel :)

No problem, your Joomla working right now?

I am still trying to figure out how BurstNET can offer 25% off of their servers to resellers. They are already dirt cheap, but then the resellers get a HUGE discount. That is really only asking for trouble, in my opinion.

I would love to actually go to Burst's facilities and see what exactly you are getting for the money.

I will tell you that at least the billing department is extremely understaffed. As far as I know, they have one person that works in billing.

I have had a ticket in for almost 4 days now regarding a server that disappeared and I have not gotten a response to my previous question 2 days ago.

We shall see how much longer Burst can last with the excess of issues that have been surfacing lately.

Goes without saying. You Get What You Pay For
Also, the recent and ever-continuing reviews being posted here and on other forums regarding Burst says it all.
Burst is right - They Should just go Burst and feck off. :lol:

Ever since they did that all day maintenance on Wednesday the network has been really screwy.

I used to be able to download their test file at around 2400-3200KB/s and now it is more like 100KB/s

I love their slogan though, "The speed the internet travels, BurstNET." They should be put on the first flight to Mars. :D

Their tech support have been quite fast for me.

Their sales/billing department definately need a lot more staff. I know my server is overdue a payment as well as some client servers but there's no way to pay for them. I've contacted them and so far no reply so hopefully they invoice me for them soon.

Edit: I was also transferred from GeekRack for my own server. Still not invoiced for it...

Seems to be

Good to hear ;)

4-7 day server setup

That's during a good week too :D

Their support is okay, could improve in a couple places, but they get the job done. Billing and sales are really one of the main issues.

Network used to be halfway decent, minus the occasional outage, but it is still not anywhere near the best around.

Ya atleast when I was with Burst the network was decent. Seeing all the problems that have come up since I left I am glad that I got the hell out of there when I did :p

oh, wait, got that all wrong. F*CK BURST!!!

here is the current situation, as most of you know already, i was with GeekRack for a while, and we were reselling Burst servers. well, Burst kept screwing up orders and taking to long to even build servers ect. Well, before I knew of these problems, I decided to leave WowRack as my dedicated server provider, and go with GeekRack at Burst since I got such a smoking deal.

After a few months, GeekRack decided not to do any more dedicated services for a while, and transfered all dedicated clients to Burst management. so, on Friday 4/11/2008 10:24 AM, i got a message from Burst saying that i was officially under their management and that I would be getting my username and password for managing my account soon. Well, 3 weeks go by, and I never got any account information. I have tried calling Burst at least 10 times, and cant ever reach a live person, and even contacted one of the support guys, Benji, directly, and never heard back from him.

I contacted Burst almost 5 days ago, and still have yet to hear back from them on my ticket even.

Almost same problem here too. It has been 4 days, I never got a reply from them. I never got my billing Account info. I don't know when to pay? and How much to pay?

F*** BurstNET

I can't believe how burst can just ignore support tickets from customers willing to pay. I've been waiting 2 days now for a response about my server moved over from GeekRack. I did open a ticket requesting my billing information last month and they were kind enough to give me my details within a few days.

I hope they get back to me soon otherwise I'll be looking at another DC that won't take days to answer a billing question. I have no problems with their technical support etc but their sales/billing take forever. It's the first time I've known a company to lack staff in that department.

[JSH]John;987538 said:
I can't believe how burst can just ignore support tickets from customers willing to pay. I've been waiting 2 days now for a response about my server moved over from GeekRack. I did open a ticket requesting my billing information last month and they were kind enough to give me my details within a few days.

I hope they get back to me soon otherwise I'll be looking at another DC that won't take days to answer a billing question. I have no problems with their technical support etc but their sales/billing take forever. It's the first time I've known a company to lack staff in that department.

I would begin looking for a new host now. Burst has screwed up. I got tired of there slow response times and all there other issues and switched and will never look back

Well I had some spare time and seen an image and got an idea on how to edit it

here is the outcome :D

epicfailrz1tm1.jpg

Last edited:
Back