• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hacked? Am I crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, that sorta clicked.
Jan couldn't you edit whatever template in the style which is doing it? This styles makes my retina sore.

Well what the guy did was basically removed the entire forumhome template and put his lovely "ZOMG I OWNED YOU" so the only way to fix it is to re-upload the file/revert to default.

There isn't just a forum home template. It consists of many templates like forum boxes etc. I'm guessing it's some sort of code in one of the templates. From memory though wouldn't it just be default?

There isn't just a forum home template. It consists of many templates like forum boxes etc. I'm guessing it's some sort of code in one of the templates. From memory though wouldn't it just be default?

Ideally they'd have to wipe out a number of the main templates to put in what they did. my guess is the other templates had been cleaned out; and in the header they put in the text; but it could have been done a number of different ways.

Would be easier just to have a backup of the themes, delete them both from the admincP, then re-upload them. 5 min job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back