• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Happened Again! Im Gonna Go Kill Myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tree said:
My only suggestion:

Oates, go play football. Spending all day at a computer is not a good way for a 13 year old to develop healthy social habits. Now that I got that sentence out of the way:

Go be a kid, man. Don't frickin waste your life now. When you're 25 and have a job, wasting your life on the computer is alright :)p).

Hell it's not even alright at 30... you know how much trouble I get into at home for it?

am I the only one who screens reseller accounts? I have an internal form that resellers fill out when they sign up for services since I have less control over who they take on. I make sure they are going to be responsible and do not put my clients in harms way by doing something silly

I have other agents who help me manage, dont think that this is all I do, but seriously im trying to train to first get into a good high school and college, and also to train for a good job, Besides this is what I love to do along with DJing online and at Partys!

oates151 said:
I know what it means u a**wipe, thanks for nothin.

People like you make me and other 13 year olds sick.

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE OR HELPFUL TO STAY THEN JUST DONT POST ALRIGHT?

well your temper doesn't fit you as a dj.
you shouldn't let one or two bad moments kill everything.
and yelling at decker like that. i'm a 13 year old, he doesn't make me sick. who are you to give attitude to him, as he's trying to help you. EVERYONE in this darned thread is trying to help you and sort things out.

and just like you said, if you don't have anything nice or helpful to say don't post. so why'd you post that post?

anyway, with an attitude like that, i don't any host is gonna take your business. but a 13 year old shouldn't be worried about making money and webhosting, even though majority of teens are doing webhosting, but its just a young ambition. i still have yet to see a site designed by 15 yrs and younger be super popular, so don't worry about it.

I dont give bad tempers to clients with my DJ company, I give bad tempers to the damn adults that try and put me down for doing my job. Now of corse im gonna get some nasty comments for saying this but it seems that many adults may be "jelous" for what 13 year olds can really do. You cant critize me when webhosting, webdesign, online djing is basicly what kids do these days because this is our generation does. Now am I going to continue to get bad comments or is someone going to actually help me.. all im asking for is hosting, not criticism.

oates151 said:
I dont give bad tempers to clients with my DJ company, I give bad tempers to the damn adults that try and put me down for doing my job. Now of corse im gonna get some nasty comments for saying this but it seems that many adults may be "jelous" for what 13 year olds can really do. You cant critize me when webhosting, webdesign, online djing is basicly what kids do these days because this is our generation does. Now am I going to continue to get bad comments or is someone going to actually help me.. all im asking for is hosting, not criticism.

If you don't give bad tempers (bad grammer) with your company (which apparently your not of age to have legal right to hold company title) as an 'adult' that has had many set backs in hosting including various health and life problems that don't just go away you have to realise that the hosting business is not just something you can take for granted. People put time and money into it and it should be respected. You are showing no respect to anyone here and will be treated as such, your hang up about your age is your problem not ours.
Feel free to ask again when you grow up in maturity as your current approach will get you nowhere.

Decker said:
If you don't give bad tempers (bad grammer) with your company (which apparently your not of age to have legal right to hold company title) as an 'adult' that has had many set backs in hosting including various health and life problems that don't just go away you have to realise that the hosting business is not just something you can take for granted. People put time and money into it and it should be respected. You are showing no respect to anyone here and will be treated as such, your hang up about your age is your problem not ours.
Feel free to ask again when you grow up in maturity as your current approach will get you nowhere.

This is the criticism im talking about, why cant I own a webhosting company? I have just as much of a right as you do. Im surprised that you dont know that im not the only 13 year old webhost out there, you live in a country (england) that has so many young webhosts i cant even count. Personally its legal enough for me to own a webhosting company, maybe the laws are diffrent where you are but I own 2 companies at this time, mobile djing and webhosting, both i have had for more than a year and I have been using and working with online djing software and webdesign/hosting programs and clients aswell. Obviously you have nothing nice to say decker so just dont reply at all please, I dont need criticism so stop. Anyone have any offers?

ok guys, this is a request, WE HAVE ALL GONE OFF-TOPIC, if hes 13 so what, whats it got to do with us?, people will learn in time.

also, so what? someone is 13 years old, isn't it all about the knowledge he knows?

sorry for going off-topic again but good luck oates

oates151 said:
This is the criticism im talking about, why cant I own a webhosting company? I have just as much of a right as you do. Im surprised that you dont know that im not the only 13 year old webhost out there, you live in a country (england) that has so many young webhosts i cant even count. Personally its legal enough for me to own a webhosting company, maybe the laws are diffrent where you are but I own 2 companies at this time, mobile djing and webhosting, both i have had for more than a year and I have been using and working with online djing software and webdesign/hosting programs and clients aswell. Obviously you have nothing nice to say decker so just dont reply at all please, I dont need criticism so stop. Anyone have any offers?

If you can't take advice, which in some times is in the form of critisism then your not ready for the business world. I live in a country called Scotland not England (no offence nor harm meant - simply a geographical correction) and I know here are plenty of hosts that are of younger years that provide a great service.
Legally your too young to be considered as a company or responsible as such. Accept this and if you want to be a host consider every piece of advice that comes your way - as it's probably one of the few things that you will get for free in life.
Most on this board will help but don't get an attitude on as the most experienced will tell you - you'll get nothing by it.

In America, you cannot legally own a federally registered company unless you're at least 18 I believe.

oates said:
I have just as much of a right as you do.

That may be true, but you (probably) do not have the knowledge. Unless you've been in webhosting for a while, and have a good grasp on what makes a server tick, you cannot successfully run a web host. You may protest all you want, but I'm going to make my points and be gone.

Yep said:
im not meaning to offend anyone, i just cant stand being put down.

Let me explain this is the simplest way I know:

You are NOT being put down.

The responses you have gotton are from people who give a care about what happens to you for some reason or another. But, on to my points.

• Lets assume you have a reseller...

And your server goes down for reasons unbeknownst to you. Your clients will start sending you angry emails asking why the server is down. Because you have a reseller, and a minimal grasp on server workings, you probably have no clue. You may be able to make up excuses.
    "Oh, we're doing an Apache rebuild." or
    "Oh, we had a DDoS and we'll be back up shortly." or
    "We're updating some software and doing routine maintenance."

That may work for a time, if the problem truly is software related. But what if the HD failed? You don't know, and your clients will start yelling at you. And it looks bad to say "I'm just a reseller, go yell at my host!"
  • The time issue

After the weekend ends, or the holidays are over, or whatever, you won't have nearly enough time as you used to. Your normal, 30-second response times will turn into half-day response times, as your school workload gets bigger and extra-curricular activities get longer. Heck, you might have detention the day your server crashes. What happens to your clients then?
  • Legals.

James knows plenty about this. If you were stuck in a situation similar to his, all the liability would fall onto you. Not onto your non-existent LLC of which you are not the CEO. Not the corporation, you. This could potentially be thousands of dollars. Who's head is that liability falling upon? Yours, my friend. And because you most likely don't have thousands of dollars in the bank to spare, and neither do your parents, you may land yourself (and potentially your family) in financial and legal trouble
  • Limited Linux/Apache knowledge.

Lets say that you do hit it big, and you've got yourself a nice, dedicated server or two. Problem is, you don't know how to run it! There's no spiffy cPanel or WHM. Just a blank Shell terminal. There's something wrong! What're you going to do?
  • Because of your non-legal status:

Any employees that you have, or may have in the future are working for you illegally. Because you aren't a registered corporation or LLC, you don't have an EIN, and therefore, your employee's W-2 forms will be all messed up unless they have another full time job. Even so, if they get audited, you may land yourself in trouble with the IRS

Take what you want from my well thought out, 'tempers' free response.

Last edited:
oates151 said:
I know what it means u a**wipe, thanks for nothin.

People like you make me and other 13 year olds sick.

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE OR HELPFUL TO STAY THEN JUST DONT POST ALRIGHT?
No mate, he doesnt make me sick at all. He is probably one of the most experienced people on these here forums, some respect.

Im 14yrs old mate. I dont care who knows it. Sure, I love my guitar, my loud music, my various sports that I represent my state in and everything else that comes with it. But I can manage to type properly, treat people with the respect that they deserve and most of all treat myself with respect. Unlike Tree, I am putting you down here. Please, grow up.

I sure as hell try my best to run a free host, and believe me its difficult. The income, the payments, the clients, the ads, its a hell of alot of work. Thankfully, its near running itself now. Now im moving into paid hosting, and getting valuable assistance from several other people along the way. But to all you elder folk, it really isnt anyones place to tell him what to do. If he wishes to run a host so be it, its his decision, we can only warn him.

Sorry if this is slightly out of line, but honestly im tired of some particular people making people my age look like fools :(.

Last edited:
X3r0x I agree with you, I am 14 and i am talking a deal with a webhost provider for some help. I am going to get a reseller soon, and start my own mini hosting business. And oates151, you could try HostingDepartment.:D

Legal
Let me just confirm what tree has said.
In 5 days I had my server unplugged 3 times becuase of someone having a fishing website on my hosting. (I've sorted it now though, the person was using a security hole in the software I use to sign up) Let me assure you it is hard as hell to get rid of/find these sites, and they keep on coming back. As a result the person who manages my server is getting a cease and desist letter from barkleys (is that how you spell it) bank uk. That's nothing to joke about, if the same happened to you, and your parents woke up to find an offical letter from barkleys what would they do? It would probably scare the crap out of them.

Tree - about your linux/apache comment, when has this happened?
Or is this just when you order an un formatted server?

Looks like we have a whole lot of 13-14 yrs old managing a webhosting business. It makes me seem so old around here. Even though you claim your webhosting business is already 1 year old, you should just take the advice Michael and Decker are giving you. They have been around for quite a while and I can say that their knowledge much more than yours and mine. I have been running my webhosting service for more than 1 year and I doubt I am anywhere near Michael and Decker even though, I have a Diploma in IT. :p

1 year old in the webhosting world is nothing, if something happened to him like what has happened to hottweelz or decker he'd have to close, the only reason they survive is good buisness management and it knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back