• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how many files do you have in your 'My Documents' folder?

How many?

• 1-50 :P

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • 50-150

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 150-500

• 500-1000

• 1000-5000

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • 5000-10000

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 10000-15000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15000-20000

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 20000-30000

• 30000-HOW MANY??? :o

• Total voters
WideBand said:
So it would seem...

The reason I ask is that I'm looking for a good network storage device. Any recommendations are very much appreciated. I might even start a new thread in the computer section, who knows :p

Look into Aberdeen SCSI SAN Storage Solutions. Hot stuff, starts around $5k.

Thanks! I'll look into those. I still have to draw up an estimate on the actual storage requirements, but our budget will probably be something between $6k and $10k.

2941 files, 650mb

All my other files are elsewhere, and on DVD... backing up is good, backing up is good, backing up is good...

0 files in My Documents. The files there are mostly Window's default, I tend to kept most of my files on a separate drive in case of a crash as it is often the case with Windows OS.

Hehe...actually, I lied. I keep "My Documents" on my D partition too. One day when I booted up to discover the MBR was somehow fuxx0red, and after spending pretty much the whole day trying to fix it, I finally had to format my C and install windows again. But thankfully, all my documents were on the D:.

woah8en.jpg

Heh...heh?

Canuckkev said:
Hehe...actually, I lied. I keep "My Documents" on my D partition too. One day when I booted up to discover the MBR was somehow fuxx0red, and after spending pretty much the whole day trying to fix it, I finally had to format my C and install windows again. But thankfully, all my documents were on the D:.

Ironically (or maybe not), I also store "My Documents" on partiton D.

C: XP
D: My Documents
E: Programs Installations
F: My Stuff
G: Mp3's
H: Iso images/programs/etc
M: Backup (external hdd)

I'll take /home/username/Documents to be the equivilant. 497 files, 31 sub-folders, 92.9 MB. That's partly because I have a lot of stuff in subfolders of my desktop... desktop contains 797 files, 59 subfolders, 2.5 GB at the moment.

Ironic enough, I store my documents also on my D:\ Partition. I have 3 current partitions, only programs and crap I can afford to lose goes on C:\. Then I got D for music and games, and G:\ is more games and temp DVD files and such. To be safe, I have 2 external hard drives for backing up some of the other stuff.

My 'My Documents' is a dump for unwanted coursework files and boring stuff like that. Also full of pictures of Pakistan but... ok

I've got 4 different OS running on my computer. Red Had Enterprise, Cent OS, Windows XP, and Win 2000. The equivelent of My Documents on all the OS combined is 75,965 files 16.7 GB. On Cent OS and Red Hat, I counted /root as My Documents. Those contain some scripts, whitepapers, etc. On the Windows OS I have some personal papers, reports, spreadsheets, games, etc.

I had no idea I had this much. I voted before I actually counted, and voted for the 1000-5000

I do love VMWare. ;)

It looks like the records are as follows:

Largest 'My Documents' folder: bmwboy ("A whopping 50 Gigs")
Largest amount of files: Ryza (9,377,283,943)

Back