• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I may have saved someone's life. I think.

hottweelz

b&
b&
Every morning I roll into Manhattan and park in the Garage on 58th St and Lex. As I get out of the Caddy I usually see the same old people coming in from the Night shift of wherever they work or do to leave and are waiting for their cars.

So I'll have a cigarette with a few guys and just B/S. Routine really.

So I see John, John is about 34 years old or so, we always argue over his BMW and my Cadillac and it makes for good morning cigarette/coffee conversation.

As I said "Goodbye" to John, I turned around to get my parking stub from the Garage guy and started to head down the sidewalk.

I noticed John had gotten in the BMW and closed the door, but never pulled out of the driveway.

I stared for a second and realized he wasn't putting the car in gear, so I went back over and approaced the Driver's Side Window and John is asleep.

I'm like "Dude, you really should wait til you get home to pass out"
"John? Hey John? Holy crap, John wake up!"
I immediately opened up his door and tried to shake him, John slumped right over sideways!

I screamed out "Call 911!" (my own phone being in my hand, I'm a real genius) but I was trying to pick his limp body back up.

I seriously thought he was dead and put my cheek up against is face and found he was still breathing!

Cops and Ambulance got there like lightning and it seems they knew right away.

John suffered a Brain Aneurysm when he sat down in the car.
34 Years Old, and due to get Married on April 8th!
This was 8am this morning, NY Time, he's still in a coma tonight.

It's really amazing. Talking one second, cigarette, coffee, laughs. He sits down and almost dies. What if I had not turned around?

Last edited:
That is freaking scary bro. My fiancee's mom passed away the beginning of the year practically the same exact way.

I read somewhere that with Brain Aneurysms:
1/3rd of people die before they get to the hospital
1/3rd of people die after they arrive at the hospital
1/3rd survive with paralysis and/or nerve damage
and the last .33333 come out A O K

hottweelz said:

Is it just me or does something here not add up... (confused)

Well, I hope your friend is ok...

And about the whole turning around thing... don't read too much into it, just be happy you did!

- Jaypee

goddamn. That's no way to start a day. Best of luck to John, and the worst part is it seems he missed out on all the St. Patty's going on today.

But that, of course, is irrelevant in such a situation. Are you going to be able to find out how he is?

hottweelz said:

4 Thirds? One and a half? ?! I hear 100.5% of statistics are made up on the spot.

hope john recovers well, its horrible to think something like that could happen to someone you know well.
for those who are confused.
1/3 = 33.33%
1/3 = 33.33%
1/3 = 33.33%
total adds up to
= 99.99%
see,theres a bit left over.

Wow, thank god you were there!
You'll have to let us kno how he gets on.
And soz, i can't beleve that syberkit was so nice to you!!

BEN-MR

needlehost said:
hope john recovers well, its horrible to think something like that could happen to someone you know well.
for those who are confused.
1/3 = 33.33%
1/3 = 33.33%
1/3 = 33.33%
total adds up to
= 99.99%
see,theres a bit left over.
the other 0,01% get abducted by aliens!

Back