• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just for you Linux Lovers...

You seem like an individual who likes boredom, my friend...

seriously, this could be due to the fact that I've been up for 38 hours, but I'm speechless.

I don't dislike linux, I just dislike the anti-microsoft linux [edit]lovers[/edit].

No matter who and how much people deny it, Microsoft is the best. It is stable if you know how to make it stable. And secure if you keep it updated and know how to properly set up a network.

Anyway I am sure we have all heard endless arguments, so yes bookmark my work. Show it to all your linux lovin friends. It is there to rise some attention.

(Notice the tablet PC running Windows XP Pro Tablet Edition? I liked that little touch)

Last edited:
Originally posted by guitarnerd
I don't dislike linux, I just dislike the anti-microsoft linux haters.

No matter who and how much people deny it, Microsoft is the best. It is stable if you know how to make it stable. And secure if you keep it updated and know how to properly set up a network.

Anyway I am sure we have all heard endless arguments, so yes bookmark my work. Show it to all your linux lovin friends. It is there to rise some attention.

(Notice the tablet PC running Windows XP Pro Tablet Edition? I liked that little touch)

I agree. Microsoft isn't your typical softare company. It is the software company. It's the God of all Gods. The king of all Kings. It's not just a "software company". It's a company that allowed us to further expand our Internet Technology.

We wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for Microsoft.

Another fact is, I have worked for several BIG businesses doing programming and network manegement. Every one of them used microsoft exclusively, and there are a million and one things that microsoft computers do that they absolutly rely on for business.

I think these *nix lovers do not relize how important the office suite is to businesses. Where I work now we send off around 100 or more reports a week in excel format. All of our business forms are sent to us in word format.

Like most companies intranet. We THRIVE on exchange server.

And last and most importantly SQL Server. Look, MySql is good for small database stuff (yes even if you have a forum with 500,000 users, it is relatively small)

Our database here has several hundred tables, some tables have over a hundred fields, and some tables also have several million records.

When you start running queries that are using 15 different tables with 50 joins, and relations. You start doing things that would kill MySQL.

The only way I could ever see any other platform becoming a standard was if microsoft suddenly decided to multipy the price of all their software by ten.

And considering microsoft has done some of the smartest business things ever. That is unlikely.

Bottom line...Microsoft Owns All

Seriously...computer threads...more specifically, computer debates...stupid. What exactly does anyone plan to accomplish?

Originally posted by Blank Verse
Seriously...computer threads...more specifically, computer debates...stupid. What exactly does anyone plan to accomplish?
it passes time when bored at work

I'm not a Microsoft hater, nor a Linux-sucks-end-of-story person. I use Windows XP because it rules. It pwns. It's great. And because 18WoS:Across America doesn't natively run on Linux. Btw...your photoshopping could be improved :p

Originally posted by notnamed
I'm not a Microsoft hater, nor a Linux-sucks-end-of-story person. I use Windows XP because it rules. It pwns. It's great. And because 18WoS:Across America doesn't natively run on Linux. Btw...your photoshopping could be improved :p

lol

It's not the quality I was going for. Just pressing the fact that photoshop doesn't run on Linux either muah hahahaha

photoshop doesn't run on Linux either

Yes it does, i guess you're just a want-to-be linux guy that can't even mount his cd-rom, and says he uses linux just to be in the 'crowd' :(

I agree

I agree. Microsoft isn't your typical softare company. It is the software company. It's the God of all Gods. The king of all Kings. It's not just a "software company". It's a company that allowed us to further expand our Internet Technology.

I agree with you 100% robert. People should really start giving microsoft its credit they are the rulers of this game.

Originally posted by is0lized
Yes it does, i guess you're just a want-to-be linux guy that can't even mount his cd-rom, and says he uses linux just to be in the 'crowd' :(

Uhhh, have you read anything in this post, I want nothing to do with a linux crowd, mount my CD-Rom? Umm sure ok

I want nothing to do with you linux crowd. Yuck

And Photoshop is not supposed to run on linux, unless you have your crap emulator stuff. In which case is more unreliable than it would have been in the first place on win

And what do YOU use Linux for?

my personal opinion

My personal *opinion* robert is that linux IS STRICTLY for server usage if Linux intended it for home use they would of made i much more simple for users and that is where they lack and windows dominates and it seems like it is going to be like that for a bit.

Are you in the "in" crowd? :cow2:

Originally posted by Robert
And what do YOU use Linux for?

I just leave it on my spare computer, i don't brag i use it, i don't even say i use it unless someone asks. I still use windows as my main os, as it is the most reliable and has never messed up except with memory management.

Are you in the "in" crowd? :cow2:

I don 't know, and i don't really care what others think about me.

Back