• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just for you Linux Lovers...

I am teh l33T! I have linux running.. on my dad's computer.... errr... gg i set up us the bomb!

all your base are belong to us!

:confused2

anyway...

i'm the kind of guy that hates linux because its more bloated than windows.. it has those CrAzY string of dependencies for just about every thing I'd want to use

Windows owns j00!

:chinese2: :chinese2: :chinese2: :chinese2:

[/h4x0r]

My neck is so strong if you punched it, it would break your hand before it even touched me because your sub conscience would see my insane musculars and crumble in defeat before I was ever even touched. Then you would die, because your body would be instilled in fear that I may turn around and hit you. I could crumble your body just by looking at you, my eyes are so strong they create sonic-lightwaves that can cut through bone and skin like a hot poker in a bucket of poo.

:fork:

i'm the kind of guy that hates linux because its more bloated than windows.. it has those CrAzY string of dependencies for just about every thing I'd want to use
Those are just for RPMs...if you use Debian or Slackware and download the packages made for them there aren't dependencies...or use FreeBSD and have it auto-download them :biggrin2:

I'm exactly like is0lized...except I don't have a spare computer, only a spare hard drive.

And it shall stay there while windows does the real work.
Hmm...what kind of real work does windows do that linux isn't?

Originally posted by guitarnerd
My neck is so strong if you punched it, it would break your hand before it even touched me because your sub conscience would see my insane musculars and crumble in defeat before I was ever even touched. Then you would die, because your body would be instilled in fear that I may turn around and hit you. I could crumble your body just by looking at you, my eyes are so strong they create sonic-lightwaves that can cut through bone and skin like a hot poker in a bucket of poo.

:fork:

I was talking to tandoc, but in any case...weird.

and when u do punch me in the neck..

i will turn around and pull my pants down and urinate on you in fear

:classic2:

Re: linux

Originally posted by leamhost.com
And it shall stay there while windows does the real work.

Exactly! Linux is great and all, but until it gets the attention it deserves, it will always be 3rd place.

It does get the attention it 'deserves', kind of like gay people. And we end up with shows like "*nix for the Windows User" or something

Originally posted by notnamed
Ugh! Stop putting really, really nasty mental images in my mind!

Originally posted by tandoc
and when u do punch me in the neck..

i will turn around and pull my pants down and urinate on you in fear

:classic2:

See, I'm in first year Comp Sci, and all four years we have to use Solaris. I guess for a development environment, *nix is the way to go...but I prefer Windows. I don't think it's just that I'm used to it. It's that Windows is just plain easier to use. I like Windows softare as well (I'm so useless, I find it friggin impossible to open a new file in Xemacs). But, I'm in essence forced into learning *nix, so I might as well install something at home...cause right now I am hopeless with commands and what not (CTRL-C should be copy dammit! And why does the DEL key act like backspace, and why does Backspace output ^H or something, instead of BACKSPACING!).

Oh, I agree that the All your base thing is funny, but not out of context. It's funny when you are talking about THE POOR TRANSLATION OF THE VIDEO GAME, but when you use it for abso----inglutely no reason, I have no objections to you being punched in the neck. It's almost as bad as the guy who I heard say "WOOT!". That was ----ing geeky. WOOT WOOT -------!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Canuckkev I don't think it's just that I'm used to it.
That's exactly what it is.

I truly fail to see what's so hard about opening a new file in XEmacs. :confused5

Re: Re: linux

Originally posted by is0lized
Exactly! Linux is great and all, but until it gets the attention it deserves, it will always be 3rd place.

LOL Get the attention it deserves? Are you kidding me? Linux is the primary OS for servers. That's what it was developed for. Microsoft is good for home users. Linux is great for servers.

I, myself, am a FreeBSD Fan. I'm not into that kiddie Redhat crap that you guys thinks make you smart because you know how log into ssh as root.

i like sitting on the computer late at night, with all my JOLT products (Jolt Cola,Gum,etc) ready at hand... running linux (my comp is multiboot) and trying to debug a freikin C++ Prgram i downloaded off sourceforge.... :D

i keep on wanting to try FreeBSD, but i cant find an extra system/Drive....

Caffiene RULES!!!!

also, i DO use microsoft for my main comp, mainly because its easy to use for the people in my family who arent "geeks"... so i do use windows, i just dont like microsoft mainly becuase they have alot of stuff going on thats only purpose is to shut down the OpenSource movement...... which REALLY makes me angry....there also getting pretty close to accomplishing it to...

Last edited:
I have to say I am not a linux fanatic, or a windows fan. Guitarnerd I found this quote of yours quite ironic

I don't dislike linux, I just dislike the anti-microsoft linux lovers.

No matter who and how much people deny it, Microsoft is the best. It is stable if you know how to make it stable. And secure if you keep it updated and know how to properly set up a network.

How can you just group anti-microsoft linux lovers in a category, see in my opinion Microsoft has some business practices that are very bad. That is my gripe against microsoft. But the ironic part of the quote is one you are saying microsoft is the best, don't say that when windows isn't the best for web servers. I am not saying linux is but windows isn't. That I am sorry to say is just and ignorant statement. You can not say it is the best when there is something out there that completes even just one function faster.

You just seem a little bit of an anti-linux microsoft lover. Yet you hate anti-m$ linux lovers. Kinda wierd to me.

I use linux because yah know what it gives the user more control I believe. Also because I am a computer programmer, so the open source aspect of it allows me to edit it to my own prefrences. Lastly my entire university runs 90%% linux machines. RedHat software is located on our campus and so running linux on my machine at home makes it much easier to have compatible files across the range of work. It also allows remote login to accounts much easier to do quick things through a light interface, such as ssh, rather than some GUI hog.

About software development, for our Computer Science classes here we use SUN machines as we are converted to Java classes. Those machines are awesome for code development.

Back