• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My FWS public apology...

I agree, arguments over OS's is very sad. Every OS has it use, Windows for home use, Mac OSX for creative/production use and Linux for servers (or people who want to be alternative).

Blank Verse said:
OK, well, raise your hand if you don't get in arguments over OS systems

anyone other than Blank Verse?

eh?

my another post already raised a hand for me.

so there are at least 4 of us...

bozley05 said:
I agree, arguments over OS's is very sad. Every OS has it use, Windows for home use, Mac OSX for creative/production use and Linux for servers (or people who want to be alternative).

Well that's a bit too generalised..

Windows can be used for home/server and creative/production. Linux for all 3, except creative/production to a lesser extend. And Mac can also be used for all 3...

But that is their respective primary target markets.

[edit]i did say one thing wrong, windows does target workplaces too[/edit]

Last edited:
Uh, no. *nix definitely aims for the home user too.

think ubuntu, linspire, mandrivia, etc...

Mac's probably don't aim for all 3, but certainly home and creative use.

Yes, they do target them.. but notice I said _primary_... Bah, this marketing debate over OS's is getting worse than an OS debate itself. I really don't care, you win :p

That's how it works with OS debates. You have to bludgeon the opposition into submission :p

I know people who always want to look as rich as possible. Some of them got G5's just to show off. I've told them the same thing I'm telling you now: If the most important feature to you in a computer is the high price tag, get a Sun Fire V or E series running Solaris... Not only will you look rich, but technologically savvy as well :cool2:

*edit*

My point beign: Don't buy Macs to show off

Last edited:
I use XP simply because I like it.. I also like Apples, but not enough to actually learn all the features, or use one myself. I think both have outstanding qualities, it's just a matter of deciding which suits you and your needs best. :)

If I may quote a famous actor with a silent sidekick, "What the f--- are you b----es babbling about?"

Seriously, let's answer the only important question asked in this thread:

Dean said:
[offtopic] did you find that chick yet? i keep forgetting[/offtopic]
And if guitarnerd has answered it already...

Well just go ahead and do it again anyways.

For good measure.

I think, seeing as guitarnerd's post seem to have some significant distance in between each other, that every time he does post, he is asked the same question :p

I tried Linux (ubantu). It sucks. I couldnt even change the screen resolution, and the programs were too big for the screen. there was no obvious way to connect to the internet, and the pre-installed programs looked wrong.

And it took 10 mins to start up, each time. Windows stripped takes one min.

Back